Friends / Teams / Partners

GretchenReine
GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
If there are people that you are not friends with in the group and you're interested in having more friends...might I suggest sending out friend requests. Like I've said before...the more support the better!

Over the next few days, I think I'm going to try to pair people up so they can help push each other. I will post daily reminders (the best I can) to try and help people...but...I can't do it all. I have enough trouble being accountable for myself. If we have small teams, or pairs, then you'll all have someone to check in on and who will also check in and make sure you're on track! We want 2015 to be the year that we succeed!!! We can and will do this!

Replies

• ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    I vote for teams instead of pairs. That way if someone drops off the face of the earth (like we've all seen in groups before), no one is left hanging. Just my 2 cents ...
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    I like the idea of pairs or small groups.... it is much easier to keep track of a few and not get yourself lost in the masses!
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    I"m in! I'm glad you posted about how to find the invite...
  • MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Love this idea. I'm in.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,828 Member
    I'm in too but I agree with Amy 100%! Plus since I'm going to be on the road the first week of Feb, for the actual move! My exercise WILL be on hold!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    I'm in my friend either way. :)
  • almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Holy hell, I finally found the group...Yay. Ok, I like the idea of small groups cuz I agree with Amy...we don't want anyone left stranded; but then again, too many are hard to keep up with. Thanks Gret!
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Is there any way to search for the group, or is it invite only?
  • GretchenReine
    Ok if you all want small groups then you'd better do some recruiting!!! We're a very small group right now!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,828 Member
    It looks like we're getting a larger group, yahoo!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    I also like the ideas of small groups. Then you have a few people to work with and its easier to keep these people accountable.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    gkeith1971 wrote: »
    Ok if you all want small groups then you'd better do some recruiting!!! We're a very small group right now!

I successfully recruited one!

• almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    ScubaAmyMN wrote: »
    gkeith1971 wrote: »

I successfully recruited one!

Woohoo!!! Great job Amy.
  • GretchenReine
    We've had quite a few new recruits join us. I am NOT friends with everyone who is in and we've had a few people join from the main group page. I'm going to do my best to set up groups on Sunday...I'll see how many people we have at the time and figure out how many teams to set up. I think it's best to have a buddy system so we can help push each other. This challenge is for the whole year...we're not just doing a one month challenge here...so building our support system and friends is very important!!! We've got this!