What are you doing for exercise?

Options
sexykima
sexykima Posts: 20 Member
I've been doing great counting/logging calories and sticking to my Whole 30 diet, but I need to motivate to be more active and get to the gym to work out!!! I need inspiration and encouragement and maybe some accountability! SO . . .Today I am going to take the dog of a long hike, them tomorrow Body Pump and Monday yoga!

What are you planning?

Replies

• ollerwe
    ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Going out with the dog is my main (or only?) excersice. But I try to press the best out of it (poor dog!) I take at least a couple of 1.5 miles a day and I walk as fast as I can. I live at the countryside so no worries about looking silly :)
    "Power walking" I understand it is called. I am sure I am burning some calories with it.
    I have an old crosstrainer at home, without display and programs, I intend to use it too.

I am not losing weight very fast but a couple of pounds are gone and all this walking makes me feel lighter and better. It is a good feeling! Keep on moving and thinking about it and you will feel the improvement before your scale does!
    Good luck, sexykima!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    I avoid the gym.. but here is a typical week for me:

Walking 2 giant dogs 1x/day - anywhere from 25min-1 hour depending on time available
    Martial arts practice 4 days, 1 hour (this typically burns 600-1000cal/hour according to HRM)
    Bodyweight exercises 2days - Pushups, situps, pullups.

My diet is anything that fits in my calorie goals... Lot of portion control going on with some foods!
  • Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and do the elliptical machine. I am also just trying to be more active at home. Doing light housework etc... (but I never count those calories). I have no problem exercising, but I never get full so watching the food intake is tough.
  • bkaye1967
    bkaye1967 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I run a couple miles to warm up and then pop in a DVD...either the p90x or insanity workout. It is great because it is always something different which helps work all muscle groups and doesn't cause boredom! Good luck everyone!
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I usually ride my stationary bike but have been in hospital for a few days, had to have surgery which will limit me to walking only for a couple of weeks. Anyway am still committed to my health journey and joining in this challenge.
  • RBTC
    RBTC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    p90x and running
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Weight training 3 times a week for 1 hr. at the gym. 2 or 3 days cardio (treadmill, bike, or eliptical) for an hr, in addition if time permits.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Trying to get a good schedule going, doing swimming on a Monday night, swimming Tuesday nights, I have 2 horses, one I have to do 7 days and 1 2 days a week, I have a Saturday job with horses now, 9 hrs of hard work! Plus I need to schedule in a couple of gym sessions a week. Sundays will be Yoga to work on my flexibility and core, and maybe a swim if I feel like it
  • rfeight
    rfeight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lee lambdas 12 week challenge. He lays out the entire 12 weeks. I wake up and work out.
  • vaunche
    vaunche Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Usually I use my recumbent bike and Wii fit. I do a lot of swimming in the summer. This weekend I put a new floor in my living room all by myself (including moving everything out and back in and ripping out the old floor)so I counted that as my workout lol. I did get help with the piano though.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Daily Burn App. Just finished the 8 week True Beginner program and started the Move!. And got my vivofit yesterday. Hoping the move bar will help me combat sitting at a desk 8 hours a day. :P
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    @Silverdracos‌ Let me know how well that works. Desk job kills me here too... Sometimes I look at the clock and realize I haven't moved more than my fingers for 3 hours at a stretch.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My schedule is still all over the place right now. For the mist part my exercise consists of mostly walking. Will try to add some upper body exercise this week.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    A friend signed me up for an online training program. It was originally designed for military, law enforcement and mountaineers, but they recently came out with a program for the over 45 crowd. So I've started that. Its kinda a crossfit workout without high impact work. So lots of lunges/pushups/situps etc then next day is hour-long cardio. So far, its kicking my butt, which is great :)
  • Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am trying to jog/run at least 30 mins every day and my university has some free fitness classes such as yoga and kickboxing that I just signed up with. I'm also trying to make some small lifestyle adjustments to be more active overall. A lot of my classes are three or four flights up and I've been taking the stairs instead of the elevator so hopefully that will help as well.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    Sounds like fun, simbersea!
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I get my 10,000 steps in and I do the bikini mama workout. Its only 12-20 min. Short enough that I know I van stick with it.
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Well bwmalone, I will tell you that an hour passes faster than you realize LOL. I've found that a trip to the mailbox or around my apartment building is enough to get rid of it. At work it's a little harder to be inconspicuous. (Would you go away so I can run around the warehouse in private? This bar isn't getting any shorter) It IS pointing out that I'm in better shape than I was three months ago. There was NO running to the mailbox and back without gasping like a fish on the bottom of the boat before I got started.
  • sweetsluver
    sweetsluver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hiking, biking, trying to walk to work more often, Pilates, yoga and various gym work outs. Going to the gym is not a favorite, but weights are a must for strengthening and weight loss.
  • ollerwe
    ollerwe Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello sexykima! Where are you? We miss you in the weigh-in list. I hope you still are with us!