Not new to MFP, just been gone a while...

Options
SmokinCat
SmokinCat Posts: 14 Member
Hello all! Finally back on here after about an 8 month absence... (What can I say, I got a new gf, then got all happy and lazy lol). Im looking to get back on track, but Im gonna try taking baby steps instead of diving in head first this time. So this this week, I have started tracking my calories, and have started making a big effort to cut Mountain Dew out of my life....its been a great and delicious friend for many years, but its time to say goodbye! At this point Im trying to at minimum to cut down to one a day, also allowing my self a couple of cups of coffee a day (but have stopped adding sugar). Hopefully after a couple weeks I can cut down on the coffee and drop the Dew (I have learned that quitting caffine cold turkey gives me horrible and strangely disturbing nightmares, lol).
Another issue Im trying to deal with is eating at work. Every day someone has ordered a bunch of food for meetings and whatnot, and there are always leftovers available at lunch... While Ive still been eating some of the free lunches, Im trying to be more conscious of what I take... Panera was easy yesterday, sandwich and salad, but today we had raising canes in the office... I had some chicken fingers but stayed away from the fries and sweet tea. Ive also hidden some instant oatmeal in my desk for hunger emergencies as opposed to eating snickers out of the vending machine. Like I said, baby steps!
Anyway, hello everyone, feel free to add me!

Replies

• dangermooch
    dangermooch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I have the same challenges at work. There is always food here and I'm super lazy about packing lunch. I've started making my lunch the night ahead, but I skipped doing it last night, so today I am stuck with a disgusting protein shake for lunch instead of something delicious I made myself. I also don't eat in the lunch room anymore if there's food in there. I've found that's helped, but it means I eat at my desk most of the time now.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    hiya! welcome back!

i also struggle with food choices at work and i do bring my own lunch xD a few slip ups here and there don't matter much in the grand scheme of things :) kudos to you for getting restarted.
  • johnnycan415
    johnnycan415 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out too with the fitness thing, and starting with calorie and carb counting...and buying food scales and weight scales!
    Funny how gaining a partner leads to gaining a few pounds.
    Good luck!