Warrior All Stars - CHALLENGE (Wk 14 1/3-1/7)

Options
writemusic4him
writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've got a working used computer now, so here we go.

It's the new year, and I'm sure you made your new years resolution. Sometimes that can be depressing. How many different new years resolutions have we made over the years that we never completed...even ones not weightloss related.

And if you are like me, you are "depressed" at not only not meeting your goal but gaining back what you had lost. And now you are starting out another year starting all over.

PART 1: What is your New Years goal for weightloss, diet and exercise? Did you meet your last year resolution...fully, partially, not at all?

PART2: What were the obstacles that caused you to not meet your goals last year? Did you let work get in the way or got bored or what?

PART3: What is your SMART plan for this year? What are your plans to overcome the obstacles you let stop you last year?

S - specific
M - measurable
A - achievable
R - realistic
T - timely

PART 4: What are your healthy rewards for meeting your goals? Something realistic. Will you go ice-skating after losing 10 pounds. Or buy a new outfit after 30 pounds?

Optional: This doesn't count for points but if you want to go along with the athlete theme, I've been crying my eyes out at the movie "Cool Runnings" (Jamaican bobsled team) while writing this. A Jamaican bobsled team faces challenges and adversity to go to the Olympics and compete. They have trouble getting started, then practicing (no snow in Jamaica), and then competing (have the equipment) and then even winning. I won't ruin the ending for you, but a lot of parallels that can be drawn to weightloss. Do you have the passion, drive, persistence, diligence, work ethic, etc. they do? Or sorry for the language.... do you half-*kitten* it?

(one point per part)

Replies

• writemusic4him
    Options
    Part 1:

Last year my new years goal was to finish losing my weight. And I started the year off great. By my sister's bridal shower in April I was looking all slim and feeling great about how I was looking. I detoxed then did an elimination diet and did about 1-2hrs cardio a day. By her wedding in June I was still doing good. Then during & after the wedding I got off track. Started a new job & still didn't get back on track. Started not feeling well & just used that as an excuse to not do anything anymore. And just kept gaining back all I lost in the first half of the year.

PART 2:

Obstacles were emotions and not feeling well. It seemed pointless to be being healthier if I was not feeling or getting any healthier and just gave up. And I got bored of walking as that is all I can physically do. And even that got hard because my hip & knees hurt.

PART 3:

I am only aiming to lose 1 pound per week as I plan to ease into it again and don't know how long it will take me to try all these things the doctors want me to. If I just do what I can there is no reason why I couldn't lose 1 pound per week, which would be 4lbs per month. Tough part will not let myself get bored & frustrated.

I will do what worked for me last year. Detox then special diet. And then after more medical tests, will see what happens next.
  • meganfoster12
    meganfoster12 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Part 1: Last years new years goal was to get on track and lose 100LBS; I did manage to lose 32 LBS though....

Part 2: I was down almost 80 but with the stress of college, the assault and a lot of issues with family I put my health on the back burn and gained some back

Part:
    I am aiming to lose 8-10 LBS a month
    I also set a goal to exercise 60 minutes a day and work on the mental aspect of this journey for 30 minutes a day

Part 4:
    when I get to 40 LBS: 4 new movies
    When I get to 50 LBS: new workout music
    When I get to 60 LBS: new fitness program
    When I get to 70 LBS: new running shoes (expensive brand)
    When I get to 80 LBS: new sweater
    When I get to 90 LBS: Hair cut/color
    When I get to 100 LBS: Shopping spree

I am hoping to get as close to 100 LBS as possible: 65 LBS to go!

I also set a goal to exercise 60 minutes a day and work on the mental aspect of this journey for 30 minutes a day
  • writemusic4him
    Options
    I like the rewards :) Now I have some inspiration :smiley:
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    PART 1: This year, I hope to lose a pound a week. Last June, I set a goal to lose 50 lbs by my birthday this year. Instead of doing that, I gained 10 since June. I reset my 3 year plus streak, resetting it for day 1 on 1/1/15, and set my start weight as that.

PART2: I let work stress get in the way of healthy plans, and made way too many excuses

PART3: My plan is to try to lose a pound a week, and not stress out & give up for the day/week after one bad meal/day

PART 4: I haven't chosen specific goals, possibly something like a new color wristband for my fitbit for each 10lbs lost
  • writemusic4him
    Options
    When making & tracking your new years goals, you might find tools like this helpful. Check it out at:

http://simplerootswellness.com/7-steps-to-forming-resolutions-that-last/
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    PART 1: I saw on a sign "Make you New Years Resolution to stick to your resolution" I like that one. So my resolution is to stick to loosing 10 lbs a month.

PART2: I tend to get board after some success and then start making excuses.

PART3: Plan to exercise 30 minutes /5 x per week and find some new activities or an exercise group. Maybe get a personal trainer if I can fit it in the budget

PART 4: Hopefully after 50 lbs I will need some new clothes
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    PART 1: What is your New Years goal for weightloss, diet and exercise? Did you meet your last year resolution...fully, partially, not at all?
    I didn't have any resolution for last year. This year I plan to make small goals and focus on baby steps. I have alot of weight to lose so I am going to look at it in 10lb chunks. I have made my goals for the first two weeks in January and am tracking them on a spreadsheet. So far, so good!

PART2: What were the obstacles that caused you to not meet your goals last year? Did you let work get in the way or got bored or what?
    I had alot of family stress last year and my dog being sick. Things are starting to calm down now. I realize that stress plays a big part in weight management. It affects sleep which affects food choices and exercise. It's a spiral effect.

PART3: What is your SMART plan for this year? What are your plans to overcome the obstacles you let stop you last year?
    I figure if I keep focused on my mini goals and take care of myself it will help when things do become stressful. Life if all about the good times and the stressful times so I had better figure out how to handle the stress.

PART 4: What are your healthy rewards for meeting your goals? Something realistic. Will you go ice-skating after losing 10 pounds. Or buy a new outfit after 30 pounds?
    I have been invited to play golf this summer at an exclusive course. I want to get a new golf outfit for the occasion. Plus I want to be able to play golf without lugging around the extra weight.
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This would have been excellent to use for the Extra Challenge for tomorrow's show/next week's challenge.

My New Year Plan is to finish INSANITY. Today I am on Day 56, I have 7 workouts of the 63 left), then start another workout video, either P90X or Slim Series. I not only want to lose weight, I want to become stronger! I didn't have a plan last year.

I started INSANITY in September and my goal was to finish it by December, but emotional issues set me back so I basically didn't exercise after Thanksgiving. I'm now back into it with only 7 workouts to go to finish!

I plan to do some form of exercise each morning. Goal is to lose at least 5 pounds per month which I think is very doable. If I lose more, that's a bonus.

I don't have mini rewards set-up, as I haven't thought about that before. But when I reach my goal weight, which should be sometime this summer, I plan to go to the Florida Keys to visit my Aunt. (Who am I kidding, even if I don't reach my goal weight, I will still go to see my Aunt just to celebrate whatever weight I have lost! :laugh: )

:flowerforyou:

INSANITY CHALLENGE - SEE BELOW:

exercise.png

43598207.png

• DonnaDTW
    DonnaDTW Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Part One - I did not really have a specific resolution last year, just eat better & move more. Up a bit but pretty steady not bad for a trying year.

Part Two - Roller coaster year, a lot of emotional issues, caring for aging parents, quitting work, kids starting middle school, panic attacks...started seeing therapist.

Part Three - Goal this year is to be more consistent and lose 26 pounds. I'm setting a more realistic goal of 1/2 pound a week.

Part Four - I haven't really thought about small rewards...I'm planning on going to Paris by my 50th birthday...working towards being normal size for flight.
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    PART 1: My new goal is to lose 6lbs a month for the next 6 months.

PART2: I didn't have any specific goals last year other than to "lose weight". I over-trained with lead to injuries, which lead to time off which set me back. :( I need to remind myself to take it slow. I'm not as young as I once was.

PART3: I'm aiming to lose an average of 1.5 lbs a week through diet and exercise. I think it is an aggressive target so I may need to drop the target to a more attainable 1lb/week if I find it too much of a struggle.

PART 4: I think I will likely need a few new outfits if I lose the weight/inches I'm planning too. Once I finally hit my original pre-pregnancy weight I am going for a nice dinner with the husband. :)
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Part 1: New goal is to run 10k race in the Spring and half-marathon in the summer
    Part 2: i was successful in my many small and attainable goals for 2014.
    Part 3: My plan to attain the goals in part 1 are to join jogging groups through meetup.com and jog/run with friends that also enjoy it. Plus i'll be using smartphone apps to help guide me through the process of going from 5k to greater distances.
    Part 4: i've been buying some new shirts and new jeans about every 25-30 pounds lost, so if i can get down another 20 i'll definitely be buying new clothes.
This discussion has been closed.