Keto and Running?

Options
What advice would you offer to someone who was going to start running while on Keto? Also, any recommendations for adding extra electrolytes to my intake?

Replies

• kumfer
    kumfer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is such a late post!
    I used C25K to train before my first 5k in November. Then I just restarted running again after the holidays. I like to add No Salt and Lite Salt to my foods for extra potassium, I occasionally drink Powerade Zero. I generally just try and eat dinner about an hour to 90 minutes before I go running and make sure to drink plenty of water.
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just started running the end of last year. I want to do a 50k that is down my way in December. I still have 36lbs to loose and need to get my training up. I do most of my runs fasted. The longest I have gone is 22k but it took me 6 hours (well actually I ran 11 and walked back again). Running on keto is possible, you just have to get your body accustomed to it. Twice a week, I run 4km in the morning before anything to eat.

You can do it. Just start with a small run, maybe a 1k either after eating keto or fasted and see how you feel.

Running has a way of making you wanting for more :D