healthy food choices

Options
Help with healthy food choices. 40 year old Mom of 2 boys. Need to lay off the beer too lol!

Replies

• calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I too struggle with my food choices. I tend to go for quick and easy on school nights: chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, frozen pizza. I am really hoping to use my crock pot more so that we can eat healthier.
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found that if I make a menu for a month I stick with it. I hate the old "what should we have for dinner tonight" conversation because it usually ends with me making a poor choice just to end the conversation. My personal hang up is beer and wine. Empty calories, but so tasty.
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try menu planning again. It worked well when I did it last year, but I have all the excuses imaginable as to why I quit.
  • MissMeaganLyn
    MissMeaganLyn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    calcote05 wrote: »
    I too struggle with my food choices. I tend to go for quick and easy on school nights: chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese, frozen pizza. I am really hoping to use my crock pot more so that we can eat healthier.

I love my crock pot! I've done a whole chicken in it, a pot roast, and an amazing beef stew!
  • MissMeaganLyn
    MissMeaganLyn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is the beef stew...

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/14685/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/

So good. I added a cup of frozen peas too.
  • Beckyleigh51
    Beckyleigh51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try checking pinterest for ideas. They have some good crockpot recipes on there, too.