COLD!

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
Damn it was cold this morning. -5F on the way to work, and I know our peeps in Montana have to be getting it worse than that.

My car's electric unlock didn't work this morning. Fortunately it was just than and not a drained battery.

And for Ashleearoha...just shut it with your southern hemisphere summer! :)

Replies

• Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Brr! 7 degrees here in uk today
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow, and us Texans are complaining about it being 25 degrees here, high is 39. One drop of snow and the entire city shuts down. We don't know how to drive on that stuff so it's best we stay home. Plus people like myself cannot function in the cold. I can't for the life of me understand how you guys do it up North.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I don't think the highs here will be much more than 10F.

On the flipside I don't know how you handle 2 months in a row of over 100 degree temperature.
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I don't think the highs here will be much more than 10F.

On the flipside I don't know how you handle 2 months in a row of over 100 degree temperature.

hehehehe, I can handle the heat, but not the cold. And I laugh when you guys complain about it being 85-90 degrees. That's awesome weather here.

I guess we are a product of our environment.

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    What's -5F in real measurements? ;)
  • bostonwolf
    Options
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning to -17F (*approx. -27 C) in NH . . . My dog did not want to go outside this morning ... I told him I get my coat and keep him company & he was like "you go 1st". **It did warm-up to about 12F today.
  • xfit229
    xfit229 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    -1F to 2F in ct..
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The temperature here hardly got out of the 40Fs last week. We were dying! At the box, everyone was in head to toe sweats.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    40F? That's like 4C according to Google. That's mild!

UK climate rarely moves out of the 0 - 20C range at any time of year. We had a cold winter a few years back where most of the country got to -15C or colder, but this year we've not had that much frost.

This morning it was around 5C. It's gone up to 11C now, but this does appear to be a really mild winter so far.

It is really boring being in a temperate climate. Very little variation
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    Mind you, I have no idea how you guys do CrossFit in some of those temperatures. Icy barbells etc. It's bad enough here sometimes in the winter.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    My gym is fully heated :)
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We just found out we had heat after a gas leak at the gym, but we havent turned it on. Been in the 10-20F here in NY Metro. Temp inside the gym is 50-60. I wear a tank.
  • Inkratlet
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    My gym is fully heated :)

Spoilt! :o

But it's only cold when you first get started anyway. You soon warm up.
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Its true Ink, I was waiting for a new year snow and it wasn't that impressive :|
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    We got an inch or so of snow this morning but it's clear now.
  • Inkratlet
    edited January 2015
    Options
    In for 6am this morning, -5 outside, about -1 in the Box! Coach actually called a halt to our strength sets. Said no one was moving properly and someone was going to get injured.

Barbell was stinging my hands, I actually ended up using lifting gloves for the bit I did
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Pretty cold here too, but now I actually have one! Unless my daughter has Fifth's disease, which is another possibility. Housebound... :'(
  • Curlychip
    Options
    Chickenpox in the house! I guess this means no crossfit this week...
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Two to three feet of snow coming starting this evening. Tomorrow's WOD is snow shoveling.