Fit Bit One

Options
Hello,
I just ordered the Fit Bit One and awaiting its arrival. Anyone else have this one and any tips or suggestions. I was going to get a pricer one but figured I'd start with this after hearing other people compliment it.

Wendy

Replies

• shedberg59
    shedberg59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually keep it in a pocket as the clasp for it makes me a bit nervous. I have had it come unattached a few time. Just remember to take it out before washing!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I keep mine on my bra... have had it for over a year and love love love it....
  • h_jeffrey
    h_jeffrey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    IMO, you made the right decision. I have a One, but stopped using it for awhile (just got out of the MFP/FitBit habit - bad idea, gained 12 lbs...). Anyway, DH got a Flex free with his new phone, so I decided to get back to it. I used the Flex for about a week and hated it. It didn't track right (e.g. grocery shopping. If you hold onto a cart, it doesn't track steps), didn't track flights of stairs and made my wrist sweaty.

I wear my One clipped to the middle of my bra. Don't even know it's there, but I never forget to take it off. I put it in the pocket of my yoga pants at night. I don't think it registers as much restlessness that way, but I'm not really concerned with sleep tracking.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster in that you made the right decision. I wanted one you put on your wrist so my hubby got me the Charge for Christmas. I returned it this week and got the One. I would wake up with the charge counting 100+ steps. I could sit at the computer and type to get 100's of steps in. I just did not find it very accurate. I used to have the zip and loved it so that is why I decided the One is probably a better fit for me. Besides that, as a nursing student I couldn't wear it all the time but the One I can wear it very discreetly.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love the stair climbing feature and the badges it gives for every miles stone... it was a great incentive to get that 100 flights climbed in a day, next up 125 someday!

I stopped logging exercise all together (since mine was mainly step-based anyway) and just let fitbit adjust my mfp calorie goal based on my activity for the day (I have mfp set to sedentary with negative adjustments turned off). Sure I might have burned more calories going up hills or carrying heavy things than the fibit would calculate, but I think of those as a bonus cushion. This method worked well for me as long as I was consistantly logging my food on mfp.

You'll find the rubber on the clasp to be very grippy and does a good job of staying put. It works find for me clasped to a pocket facing inward. The sleep tracking was fun to see for a while, but now I just leave it clipped to my pjs for the times I have to get up in the night.