Brazil Butt Lift

Options
Need2Exerc1se
Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
I am starting this today and looking for reviews, opinions or a group that would like to share opinions and results along the way.

Anyone here doing it?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I am! Not the first time for me. Love it! It's a nice mix of cardio and isometrics and usually slims me down in all the areas I have trouble getting slim with other workouts (belly, hips, thighs). Take pictures before/after - the visual results are startling. Measurements are good too, but for me the pictures tell it all. I started on the 1st, so today will be day 6 for me. My husband is doing it with me (most days), he despises the dancing parts, but doesn't mind the rest and he needs the cardio so he tolerates it all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I am! Not the first time for me. Love it! It's a nice mix of cardio and isometrics and usually slims me down in all the areas I have trouble getting slim with other workouts (belly, hips, thighs). Take pictures before/after - the visual results are startling. Measurements are good too, but for me the pictures tell it all. I started on the 1st, so today will be day 6 for me. My husband is doing it with me (most days), he despises the dancing parts, but doesn't mind the rest and he needs the cardio so he tolerates it all.

Thanks! After reviewing the schedule I decided to start today since they have Sunday as a rest day and I prefer Monday rest days. I did take measurements but I will be sure to take pics as well.
  • TyDyl
    TyDyl Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail.. can't wait to get started - my buns are flat as a pancake. (thank you 2 children)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Did the first day on the schedule yesterday. Yikes! My cardio stamina has really gone down quickly since summer. I had to stop a couple of times. But I liked it and I'm feeling it today in my bum bum (as they call it), legs and abs.

My buns are not flat. I'm doing the 'too big' schedule.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Did 'High and Tight' last night and OMG am I sore this morning! I hope I make to the rest day.
  • ashleydrew
    ashleydrew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Sunday or Monday! :)
  • DeannaLP1982
    Options
    Mine should be here next week! can't wait.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Those that are already doing it, do you find it too much? These workouts are pretty intense and focused on the same body parts, yet the schedule only allows one rest day per week. I've started skipping days to prevent injury or burnout.

I do love the workouts, but the schedule seems to aggressive, especially for a beginner.
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Listen to your body, definitely take whatever steps necessary to prevent injury! I'm doing the classic schedule and I have not had to add any extra rest days. I do tone it down and stick to level one on some days if I am feeling particularly sore in an area and sometimes that area is EVERYWHERE. The first week is always the hardest after that your body should start to adapt to the new moves. Also, lightly working sore muscles will increase circulation and help to dissipate the sore feeling faster. Instead of skipping you might want to try just doing the exercises at a reduced pace, such as doing every other leg lift or every third leg lift instead of keeping up with the pace of the workout. Or doing the moves with no weights or lighter weights than the previous workout, reducing the range of motion, not sitting as deep in the squats. Also, on the days with 2 workouts I really try to space those out rather than try to do them both together - that seems to be easier for me and I can get more intensity in each one if I'm not starting one right behind another. Find what works for you and don't be afraid to modify if that's what you need to get through the program - as long as you keep moving you are still getting more benefit than sitting on the couch!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Thanks @tcunbeliever‌ I also have been breaking up the workouts when there are two on the schedule. One during the day and one in the evening. I did workout on my unscheduled rest day, I just did Zumba instead of Butt Lift.
  • mrmrspeters457
    Options
    I'm new to My Fitness Pal and soon to be Brazilian Butt Lift. I've been doing the 21 Day Fix since October, but I purchased the BBL for the new year. I'm ready to start this program on January 26th. How are you enjoying the program and will you be continuing the program for a while yet? I'm just looking to check in with someone doing the program once I start. Thanks :)
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I am on day 16...I was disappointed by my day 14 rest day, I was all set to work out and then looked at the calendar and realized no workout...then last night was Sculpt and I thought I was going to die about 20 min into it - but, first time ever I was able to keep up with the whole overhead press/curtsey thing and not lose my balance, so it was worth it. I am switching programs every month this year (because I seem to have the attention span of a toddler), but I will be repeating BBL in May and September.