This is Insanity

Options
2»

Replies

• DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yeah Dakota it's not easy I stop when I need to and my hen states my hem is 170-188 sometimes think it could be wrong who knows but I take breaks to bring it down or go slower tmm o start week too and it'll ne my weigh in day hopefully I see results even if I'm not following meal guide
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Just a results update - I have not lost any weight yet, but I have gone from a 33in waist to a 31in waist in about a weeks worth of exercises! I cant believe it, and I am so excited to see the end results after the 2 months. I mean, this is only after 1 week of that awkward "just getting used to the workouts" phase.

This is going to be a great month.
  • DJ478
    Options
    update down 5lbs not following guide though last week it was only 1.3lb loss the rest fell off this week Monday is second fit test
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been doing insanity since October. I got to week 7 then took a month off. So now I restarted month 2 December 29th. I will be finishing week 6 on Saturday:) I like month 2 workouts more then month 1.
  • dakotababy
    Options
    DJ478 wrote: »
    update down 5lbs not following guide though last week it was only 1.3lb loss the rest fell off this week Monday is second fit test

Wow this is amazing!! :D Great job!
  • tibo1783
    tibo1783 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of Instanity, and it was just as described insane lol. I did finish T25 at the end of the year So I am in a bit of decent shape, I have though gone from burning 450 or so cals on average with T25 to almost 700 in Insantiy, I hope I can keep it up till the end, 8 weeks togo!!
  • MrK88
    MrK88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then, my insane friends. Was looking for my brethren and now i have found you! On my second full run of insanity so i know what to expect, cardio power and resistance is a killer for me, but feel great after. On my second week, and things are going well. Out of all the programs i did, insanity is the best for many reasons and results are one of them! Now the hard part is adjusting my eating habits....feel free to add me!
  • DJ478
    Options
    Hello everyone completed week 2 month 1 yesterday today was rest day for me n I'm proud to say I didn't have a cheat meal and ate well can't wait for tmms weigh in n fit test crossing fingers and GL to those starting a new week tmm n keep up the good work
  • blueyedreamer
    blueyedreamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of recovery week .. I have attempted this 4 times and never made it passed week 2 so big improvements there. I am nervous to start month 2 bc of the double workout .. but I have huge results coupled with calorie counting, I am down 15 lbs and 4 inches from my hips in 30 days ! love these results .. ready for month 2 as well I am in this .. and miss it on my days off. add me if you want !
  • DJ478
    Options
    Blueye that's amazing progress I hope I see results close to that today was week 3 day 1 fit test still 1st month results below
    So today nsv was my 2nd fit test

Dec 29/ jan 11
    Switch kicks 43 /55
    Power jacks 36/ 49
    Power knees 55/ 66
    Power jumps 37/ 40
    Globe jumps 9/ 12
    Suicide jumps 10/ 17
    Push up jacks 23 /27
    Low plk obliques 11/ 22

Dec 29 - 188 lbs
    Jan 12 - 180.7 lbs

• dakotababy
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hopefully everyone is still with the program! Yikes, I figure week two is a "make it or break it" time in the schedule.

I took a day off today, as I am currently doing my last night shift. I am surprised how well I was able to continue working out, and I actually did not get that horrible hang-over feeling either. I basically would do the workout as soon as I got home from my night shift - then I did not need to worry about it later in the day (plus then I got 2 sleep periods to recover from the workout). Anyway -

The scale finally went down. I was at 169lbs just before christmas, which is right before I started insanity - I am down to 163lbs.

My arms are looking awesome. I still can not pull off any of the full push-ups, but even just doing them on my knees (yes the girly push-ups) makes my arms BURN! :D My skin even turns red in the areas that are being worked, which is kind of different (never happened before insanity).

Honestly, I am kind of getting bored with the rotation, though I am getting better at each workout every time I do it, which then hopefully the workout becomes more effective.

Either way - I am shocked at these results so fast into the program, and it does take some mental strength to keep up with this!

Ill post the side-by-side of my fittest results on wednesday!
  • blueyedreamer
    blueyedreamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DJ478 wrote: »

I am not following the meal guide, and if you focus solely on the scale you are bound to get frustrated. I take the time to take 2 measurements, scale and measuring tape. I only measure every other week scale nearly everyday lol. I have noticed you will lose a bigger amount of weight 1 week and the next you will measure smaller and only lose a small amount of weight. as long as the numbers are changing that is all the encouragement I need. Resting when you are tired or when your heart rate gets up there is fine too .. I also have gotten mad at myself after the 2nd fit test bc I couldn't keep up through a dvd, then I thought "hell no, Shawn T cant even make it though a dvd when he gets tired he stops and focuses in on the exhausted ppl in his dvd lol" I started at 208 lbs and I know there is NO way I can keep up with someone weighing 60 70 80 lbs less than me.. I figured out my Max heart rate, when I feel like I am at it i check with my phone I rest a few seconds till it drops and start again. the point isn't to keep up, the point is to push your body harder than it has been to shock it.. and the cardio recovery is to trick your body into thinking it has an easier day off. currently I am down to 193 so I am excited about that. I am shooting for 140ish by summer and I WILL get there. my plan is to rest 2 weeks after completing this bout and starting it again right away. bigger results in women the second time you do it I heard.