Dominant or Non-Dominant?

Options
mpawlicki
mpawlicki Posts: 20 Member
I was wondering if any of you set your setting do Dominant when wearing Flex on non-dominant hand?

I just read this: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-accurate-is-my-Flex/?l=en_US&c=Topics:Accuracy&p=flex&fs=Search&pn=1

HOW CAN I MAKE MY FLEX TRACKING MORE ACCURATE?

You can improve the accuracy of your Flex by changing the Dominant Hand setting on your Device Settings page (http://www.fitbit.com/settings/device), which can be found under the gear icon in the upper right corner of your Dashboard. Changing this setting to "Dominant" will decrease sensitivity of step counting and should reduce over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Using the "Non Dominant" setting will increase the sensitivity of step counting, and can be used if your Flex is not counting enough steps. You can also add other personal settings such as stride length on your settings page to make Flex more personalized for you.

Opinions? Anyone that done this seen any significant changes or count improvements?

Replies

• kelleybean81
    kelleybean81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's interesting since I read on fitbit.com somewhere when I got my Flex that they recommend wearing it on the non-dominant hand. Which has really been bugging me because that just doesn't mesh with my bracelets. I think I'll move it to my dominant hand and see what happens.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've read somewhere before though (probably somewhere on here) that a lot of people wear it on their non-dominate hand, but select dominate in the settings. Maybe that is what was meant?
  • captjac97
    captjac97 Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wear my Fitbit Charge on my non-dominant hand but have it set as dominant. This is my personal preference and since I just started with my Fitbit and MFP seriously on Sunday, I am still learning and tweaking. I personally don't want it too sensitive which is why I have it on my non-dominant hand but marked as dominant. I hope that makes sense.
  • mpawlicki
    mpawlicki Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me, but kinda takes away from the meaning of the setting itself? Why wouldn't FB just go away with the dominant setting altogether and just make everything non-dominant regardless of which hand it's worn on...?