Maintenance Calories for the Tall Girls!

Options
erinnpinky
erinnpinky Posts: 80 Member
I am in maintenance mode! :):) Such a wonderful feeling. But what is the right number? I have been upping my calories by 100 per week and so far no weight gain, but its so hard to talk to the shorter girls out there as the numbers just don't compare? I am 6'1 - I feel my maintenance numbers are around 1800-2000 per day? Anyone else out there?

Replies

• hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, I'm not in maintenance just yet, but to stay at 170 pounds, which is my ideal weight, I should be eating around 1600 to 1750 calories per day according to the BMR thingy. I am 5' 11' and 56 years old, so I probably need less than you.
    And you're right, the shorter girls don't need as much, unless they're athletes. People are always surprised when I say I want to stay between 170-175. They're like "I'd be kinda fat at that weight! :)
    I have about 25 pounds to go to get to maintenance!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Tagging in. Hopefully I'll have an answer to this someday. I still have fat to lose, and muscle to gain, but decided I needed a diet break (and maybe gain some muscle), so I'm trying to find my maintenance number. Only been at it for less than a week, but so far I haven't gained, at around 2500. And I feel tons better eating this much. Obviously it will be less when I am lighter, after losing more fat and reaching true maintenance mode.
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's a very good questions and I'd like to know as well. I'm still losing and have about 4-5kg to lose but also want to gain some muscle so more focused on my measurements than weight but hopefully someone will be able to answer this question :-)
  • juliew3
    juliew3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doesn't MFP give you this information when you change your settings to maintenance?

Otherwise, try the calculator at calculator.net. For my goal weight of 170 pounds, at 6'-0", it's almost 2000 calories/day.
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and 155lbs and very active. When my fitbit syncs with MFP at the end of most days it says I can eat 3000 calories. I can't believe I actually eat that much and I don't record my eating but my weight stays steady so I must eat the same as I burn off!