Day 1 C25K......Killed it!

Options
LeeAnnW23
LeeAnnW23 Posts: 15 Member
This is my second time starting C25K, the first time I only made it to Week 1 day 3 (I did not move on to the next day until I had completed a day, took me 3 trys for day 1). I didn't have time to make it to the gym on a regular basis and it is down right cold here lol. I did the first day yesterday and it was amazing. I was able to pick up where I left off and made it through the entire workout. My first attempt at day 1 I only made it about halfway through but this time was different :smiley: It was a great feeling to get all the way through and not give up.

Replies

• marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I started c25k Last year - you can do it !!! Thanks to runing I lost over 50lb and this year my 10 year old started program.

My new year resolution is to run marathon by summer
  • purplenails
    purplenails Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done. Stick with the program it really works
  • LeeAnnW23
    Options
    marcelka77 wrote: »
    I started c25k Last year - you can do it !!! Thanks to runing I lost over 50lb and this year my 10 year old started program.

My new year resolution is to run marathon by summer

My daughter just turned 8 and she wants to start running and for me to join her, my motivation lol.
  • Farmgirlfit85
    Farmgirlfit85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I decided I wanted to start training for a 5k as well, I have that app but haven't used it yet. Went for a jog outside today to see where I was at. Good luck!
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've done C25K after each of my pregnancies. Love it! You all can do it!
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too. I've finished week one and have to say, I struggled with the last couple of runs, each day - I could walk for hours but running is tough. I was debating whether to repeat week one or progress to week 2 but I've decided I will move on to week 2 and push through day one. I've been going in the evenings, after my children are in bed and hubby is home - school holidays here so no opportunity during the day.

Stick at it, and let us know how you are doing :smiley:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Great for you!! Congrats!!!
  • LeeAnnW23
    Options
    FixItDuck wrote: »
    I'm doing it too. I've finished week one and have to say, I struggled with the last couple of runs, each day - I could walk for hours but running is tough. I was debating whether to repeat week one or progress to week 2 but I've decided I will move on to week 2 and push through day one. I've been going in the evenings, after my children are in bed and hubby is home - school holidays here so no opportunity during the day.

Stick at it, and let us know how you are doing :smiley:

That is awesome, I haven't had the chance to get back to the gym yet for day 2. My husband just got a job and finding a sitter for 4 kids is not an easy task. I will be doing day 2 today though. The first time I started I think that I repeated week 1 day 1 around 3 times because I could not get through the whole thing.

I am looking forward to getting back to it today.
  • FixItDuck
    Options
    Hope you get a chance to do it today. After saying I was going to do week 2 day one, the ap was still on week 1 and I forgot to change it. Not a big deal, and I realised early on, so pushed myself to run a bit faster.
  • LeeAnnW23
    Options
    I did most of day 2, had to cut it short though :( I had to work a little late and I had stuff to do. Not as sore as what I was before which is a good thing :)
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    AshleyNicolePedigo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just finished c25k a couple weeks ago! I swear by this program! If I can do it, anyone can. Now I run 2 times a week for fun! I really thought it was going to kill me at first but it slowly started getting easier. It still gets me sweating and breathing really hard but I love it!!!!! You can do it! Keep with it!!!
  • FixItDuck
    Options
    How is it going LeeAnnW23?
    I gave up on my first day of week 2, on Saturday because it was far too hot. I've just completed it this evening :)
  • FixItDuck
    Options
    AshleyNicole did you repeat any weeks, or push through it?
  • missjamil
    Options
    I have also just started this program, im actually enjoying it and looking forward to the next one, I'll be doing the third run of week 1 today. To the lady who said she lost 50lbs from running- what was the rest of your routine like?
  • LeeAnnW23
    Options
    I think that I pushed too hard too fast. After completing week 2 day 1 my legs were killing me. I did some more research and found that I probably need some better shoes and to start working on the strength in my legs and streching my calf muscles. I didn't even make it through the second running portion of day two because I was hurting so bad. I felt like a failure. I am going to start a little slower in about a week and I am going to try to get a better pair of shoes.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also just started! Did my second run last night, and I am loving it! I've always wanted to run and I am determined!
  • sheena5455
    sheena5455 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of week 2 in the program. I have to say this week is harder but I love the challenge! I am not doing it to run a marathon or anything I just really want to look good naked ☺️. I am down half a pound but I am hoping to shed more by this weekend ( fingers crossed) !!! Good luck to you all!!!
  • trailsrock
    trailsrock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this with a local group. In week 2 now. Even though I don't complete each segment running, I drop back to a fast walk and am happily mid-pack.