New Years Resolutions/Goals

Options
Now that all the festivities are over and the New Year has begun has anyone set any resolutions or goals for them selves for 2015?
My goal for 2015 is to run 6 5ks, 2 10 ks and 2 half marathons. I already have 3 of the 5ks, 1 10k and 2 half marathon's picked out. Friends are already planning to run the 10k and half marathons with me so I have that extra motivation.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Just everything overall in terms of fitness. Get stronger, more flexible, faster etc etc. Weight loss would be awesome too, but I've found when I focus other fitness goals, weight loss ends up being a part of it. I'd like to be in the lower 200ish range before the end of the year but it's not a goal for me. Speaking of fitness, I also would like to improve on my 5K times. I currently average around the upper end of 35 mins for a 5K distance. I want to get that down to 30 mins or less by the end of the year.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Lose fat! Lots of fat! Get back to where I was 3 years ago by the summer............

6months x 7lbs per month = 42lbs.............awesome! (*)

Good luck with your goals you two :D
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My goal is to revise my strength routine and learn how to lift efficiently and effectively. I want to find my muscles!!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Stronger! I want to become stronger, able to lift myself up easily in push ups and maybe able to do a few pull ups?!

I'd like to improve my butt too.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I didn't make any resolutions. I do; however, have a goal to get well into my healthy weight range by my birthday in May. I am really thinking I want to do the photo shoot that my photographer friend has been bugging me to do but I have been too self conscious to commit to. Maybe throw in a few "flirty" pics for my man friend.

I do need to add some weigh training to my workout routine. I currently walk/run for cardio and do Pilates for toning. I definitely need to add weights to build muscle. I am starting to see a little definition in the abs area but there is still too much softness there as well. Looks weird.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I've gained so much (bad) weight by being lazy... Can't even believe it myself.

Lots to lose, so I will try to do it (again) and hopefully keep the weight away this time.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Need to lose all the weight I gained while I was unemployed and lazy... Also promised my kids that I would quit smoking Feb 1st
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I've gained so much (bad) weight by being lazy... Can't even believe it myself.

Lots to lose, so I will try to do it (again) and hopefully keep the weight away this time.

Awwww me too! I haven't worked out in so long. I do outdoor active stuff but def not making working out a priority.

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight. In the past, it's been for vanity reasons. To some extent it still is. I am getting married in 3 months and would like to look better in all the photos. However, my fiancée and I were supposed to do a marathon together this past Sunday. Two weeks ago she fell and broke her tailbone. I did it and she watched. My thought for most of the later miles was that this would have been a lot easier if I weighed less or I could be done by now if I weighed less and all sorts of similar thoughts. She wants to do the same marathon next year. It's easier to do it with a partner but at my current weight I have no desire to do it again. If I lose more weight, I will do it with her. My other goals are to power clean 250 lbs, bench press 300 lbs, and squat 500 lbs at some point before the year is over.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Congrats David, on your impending wedding!! Wishing you much happiness :D
  • lkaoki
    lkaoki Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    By end of Feb: Be down one pants size.
    I can't to long term goals. I have a tendency to lose focus. :-S
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I have a few, not all related to weight loss:
    - Read more (watch less tv)
    - Get out more
    - Workout
    - Finally lose the 35 pounds I need to lose to get healthy
    - Keep working on myself, I feel i'm almost where I want to be after 2 years being single and working on what made me do bad choices in life and relationship :) That took up a lot of energy, but now, I have enough to spare to concentrate on my weight loss :)