Day 1: 1/11/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Welcome to Day 1 of the challenge!!

Don't forget to add/update your weight in the spreadsheet. I also recommend taking "before" pictures today.

For those of you who haven't participated in these daily threads yet, we usually use them to talk about how we did yesterday and post our goals for today. You can also just post a thought for the day or even just some chit chat. We really just want you to have somewhere to post everyday to keep you coming back and thinking about the challenge.

I hit my goals yesterday. It was really a great day because I hit my step goals super early and could relax later on.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. Swimming

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

My goals for today are:
    1. Log everything I eat. I've been doing well with this lately after really slacking for a couple of months.
    2. Light cardio workout or yoga. Sunday is usually my rest day but I'm really sore from lifting yesterday and need to loosen up.
    3. Not fitness related-but finish painting my sons room and get the bedrooms ready for the carpet cleaners!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    A good Sunday start.

Ended yesterday under calorie goal.

Up by 5am and burned 358 calories doing 60 minutes of Walking, 3.1 mph, pace. Longest walk I have done in years.

Made a low calorie breakfast: Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; Canadian Bacon 1 Thick Slice; Light Oatmeal toast, 0.5 slices; Fat Free American Cheese, 0.5 slice; Driscoll - Raspberries, 1 oz; Broccoli 1 oz., Seasoned quinoa, tomato & feta cheese, 0.2g Green / red Grapes, 2.25 oz; TOTAL CALORIES: 194;

Ended the morning with a negative net calorie of (-) 164 for the day. :)
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    LA is soaked again in winter rains. This is giving wet, chilly, and beautiful morning. I intend to drink 12 cups/3 lit. of water, stay under calories and walk 30+ minutes.
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My goals for today:

1) 2 Daily Burn workouts. I skipped yesterday and really want to make it up. They are only 25 minute workouts so I feel like doing one in the morning and one in the evening shouldn't be too hard.
    2) Log all food
    3) Beat my husband in our weekend warrior Fitbit challenge
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    Woke up feeling the urge to binge but didn't! Starting off right this morning in the gym!

Goals today:
    1. 156 ounces of water
    2. Staying under my calorie goal
    3. Log everything!
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    I have set initial 100 days Group weight loss goal at 500 lbs. I will adjust this goal in spreadsheet if it looks like more folks stick to the end of the challenge. The estimate is based on about 10% of the group members current 100 days goal. Lets see where we end.
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    I love seeing so many posts!
    Yesterday I was out hiking in the snow and sledding, hoping to ease out of my muscle soreness:) it worked out pretty well.
    Rest day today, plenty of water and still lots of calories to finish the week with a great balance.
    My biggest challenge for the past month has been to find ways to keep active with 7 inches of snow on the ground, freezing temperatures and no gym membership. I'm so proud of myself for accomplishing that goal and actually making progress. If I can do it, so can you!
    Let's all just hang on for the ride!
    Have a fabulous Sunday everyone!!!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Good Morning!

My goals for today are:
    1. log everything
    2. 2. stay within calorie goal
    3. 3. drink 10 glasses of water
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is my rest day, so no exercise goals for me. Today's goals are to log everything and to stay within my calorie goal.
  • sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic day to everyone! Goals are to log everything, no extra bites off my childs unfinished plate. Hit my water goals, and stay under my calories. Getting a food scale today to weigh more accurately.
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am super excited about this challenge. I started last week on my own and lost 4.9 lbs! Granted, the first week of eating better always yields big results for me, so I am not expecting this kind of weight loss every week. Instead I am aiming for a conservative 1 lb per week weight loss.
    I also finished my week having drank more water than I ever have before! The best part is I am noticing a significant difference in how my skin looks. That fact alone makes me want to drink more water.
    Today is a rest day for me, no exercise. I plan to still log everything, stay in my calorie range, and drink 64 oz. of water. I am also going to take a before pic today as suggested by SingRunTing.
    Everyone is so inspiring so keep posting! Happy Sunday!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    danelutza -- "Yesterday I was out hiking in the snow and sledding, hoping to ease out of my muscle soreness:) it worked out pretty well." Now that is dedication and discipline! Nice work!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    I have set initial 100 days Group weight loss goal at 500 lbs. I will adjust this goal in spreadsheet if it looks like more folks stick to the end of the challenge. The estimate is based on about 10% of the group members current 100 days goal. Lets see where we end.

Gotta say it one more time -- you are awesome in the challenge department (along with danelutza).

Not many boards this informational and active. I had joined a treadmill challenge - but there has only been 1-2 posting in the last month - so I will likely remove myself soon from the group.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! I have not really been able to do any of my goals the past two weeks with being sick, but I'm finally starting to feel better! I did really well the beginning of this week with my eating, but have faltered a bit this weekend. Tomorrow I plan on getting back on track with my eating and with exercise finally!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Had an hour workout in morning, grocery shopping, walked the dog, baked and cooked a big roast dinner. Just waiting for the family to arrive with our little granddaughter. Good day all in all.
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Went swimming today. Making some soup.
    tracking away
  • sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ending the day under my calorie goal. Have a good week everyone!
  • sowdenb
    sowdenb Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Am excited to be back on track after a minor derailment. My goal today is to log all food and celebrate my anniversary dancing!Looking forward to staying the course with all of you-a wonderful support community.
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    sowdenb wrote: »
    Am excited to be back on track after a minor derailment. My goal today is to log all food and celebrate my anniversary dancing!Looking forward to staying the course with all of you-a wonderful support community.

Congratulations

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    NikonPal, you are nothing short of amazing! Thank you for the encouragement!!!