NSV - home cooking

murphyraven
murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
I'm currently on my 2 weeks before surgery low carb diet and was really craving my favorite pizza. I decided to recreate it as a small casserole since the bread is most of the carbs. I measured and entered in all the ingredients in MFP recipe section. It turned out fabulous and I didn't miss the bread potion at all, best of all it fit within my carb limits for the day.

Tonight I am making a lasagna with zucchini instead of pasta noodles. While I still have to keep my portions very small I'm surprised how much I don't have to give up on a low carb diet and how much flavor I can still enjoy.

This gives me a lot of hope for the future sleeved me. I know that I don't have to completely give up all my favorite foods and I can find ways to recreate healthier versions that both my husband and I can enjoy.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    YAY!! Way to be creative!! Great job!
  • We found a recipe where you use small slices of Canadian bacon as the pizza crust. It's delicious and has a lot of protein. We have it at least 1-2 times weekly now.
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Excellent! I am starting to play around with cooking again as it is always something I have taken great pleasure in. Keep those creative juices flowing.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    I made a zucchini lasagna last week! Yumm!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    We used to make "pizza" using my 35 cal bread but the Canadian bacon version sounds good...actually all these ideas sound good!
    Would you all be able to post your recipes for the rest of us.....Please and Thank You!!