Holiday goals

Options
wennim
wennim Posts: 276 Member
How do you plan to handle the holidays?

I have decided that I am going to try to maintain for the holidays. Between Thanksgiving and new year we have the holidays as well as three family birthdays. I have managed to go down five pounds since Thanksgiving but I think I will be much happier and less guilty if I change to maintenance until the first.

That being said I don't intend to go hog wild either. We have greatly cut back on the number of treats we will be making by letting each person pick their one all time favorite and I will make a single batch of that. Everyone gets what they want and not a lot of leftovers. I still intend to exercise when possible but I won't beat myself up if I miss two or three days over that week instead of my usual one day rest. I will continue to track but up my calories to maintenance. I will try to make good choices too since almost every gathering with a buffet will have veggies to fill up on.

I still have a long way to go but I think this little test of 7-10 days will be a good way to gauge how prepared I am for the remainder of the journey.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    So how did it go? I did better than expected, considering I was sick over a week! :)
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think it went pretty well. My weight did go up a couple of pounds over the holidays but as of today I am at a new all time low. I think a lot of it was the fact that there was more salt and carbs than I am used to eating-several birthdays. It did help that the snow was melted enough that I was able to get the bike out for a couple of rides so I still got some different exercise in than the usual. I did take a really good spill on the last ride though and because of that I had to take the last two days off of the treadmill and focused on diet instead. I was rewarded with a good loss this morning so I am feeling good!

This board was pretty dead with so many people off for the holidays. Hope everyone else made it through as well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm glad to hear you had such an overall positive outcome...and attitude... I'm in a "roll with life" and "maintain" kind of place right now. Too much to stress...too much stress...lol.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Did my annual splurge from the 12/21 to 12/31. Gained 23lbs. Went back on plan on the 1st and so far i have lost the 23lbs and lost another 1lb. Guess it was water weight but wow did my taste buds party.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    good gracious!!! I am glad you got it all back off, but wowwie! That is like 2 pounds a day... That's a lot of sodium. Or something. Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you rebooted your metabolism to give you a boost in the right direction for 2015!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Lost 4lb so far from xmas eve to today. Not entirely the way Id have liked to but better off than on
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I almost (I mean that sincerely...almost) wish I was a stress non-eater. I'm more of a stress eat everything in sight and then some type... (hugs) Sending healing thoughts.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    I'm usually a comfort eater. Things have to be pretty bad to become a non eater. Hasn't happened in nearly three years. The four lb has been as much bc of working twelve hours without breaks as anything else though. Aim is to start logging again Monday I think
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    That is interesting as i am down another 7lbs. That is 28lbs since the 1st...
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    good gracious!!! I am glad you got it all back off, but wowwie! That is like 2 pounds a day... That's a lot of sodium. Or something. Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you rebooted your metabolism to give you a boost in the right direction for 2015!

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I was gone for what felt like moat of last minth so between the holidays and travel i expected things to be worse but i didn't gain nor did i loose. Since being bac,k I'm back to loosing, though i think the weather and loosing my exercise routine had more to do with it.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm still in that pain of water weight holding. I was back up to 260 on Sunday, I think. Been holding around 252-253 for weeks. Knew I would gain a bit on the holidays. Then being sick, then eating Mexican. Sigh. I plan to get back walking this week if I can convince myself to brave the cold. Monday Morning Cold ... 1. Carly's Determination 0.

Glad to see most of us are back in the fight!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Am back at PT tonight