Random 1/12/2015

Options
rebetha82
rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi everyone,

I am one day late to the challenge... but only on the board. Our 16 year old rescue cat started having problems to walk yesterday morning and then stopped to walk entirely, so we had to take him to the vet where he has to stay now for 48 h. His kidneys are only 10% functional :'(

For today, I am trying to keep my mind busy through exercise and knitting. Staying under is not too difficult since I increased my daily calories and so far it's going well. Ate too much bad foods during the weekend and had to much wine yesterday (cat related) but stayed within nonetheless.

So in conclusion, I hope you all have a great day!

Replies

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Yesterday my goal was to log everything and stay within my calorie limit. I was over by one calorie but I'm not too worried about something so minor. I still did a good job. I'm really glad for this group. Logging consistently has been a struggle for me for awhile now and this is really helping me out.

Today's goals:

1. Log everything & stay within calorie limit.
    2. Wear FitBit
    3. 45 min of cardio, arms & abs day.
  • hrwesterberg
    hrwesterberg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!! Missed yesterday do to being so darn busy but here I am today!!!

My birthday is this coming Friday so I have decided to do something every day this week to celebrate. Tonight we are going bowling since its $2 a game and shoe rental!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous day!!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Today I need to get more focused, my 3 day weekend of little splurges have to be brought in line. Started the morning with a dvd workout. Packed a healthy breakfast and lunch so I wouldn't "need" to grab something out. Work on my water intake, my eternal issue and do strength training this evening.
    Tomorrow evening I start a new twice weekly fitness class at the gym. Fit, Fab and Forty+ and its a good hour long workout.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good work everybody!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I expected good numbers based upon my daily “monitoring” (zero change last Mon) and today is my usual “record weigh-in day” (I weigh daily to monitor but only record once a week). Very happy with results. I do not expect the same progress as the last challenge, as I am nearing my final goal.

Started the day with a 40 minute walk (3.1 mph) & burned 236 calories.

Then chowed down on: BREAKFAST: Fresh Spinach Cold Water Washed, 1/4 cup cooked; Driscoll - Raspberries, 1 oz; Seasoned quinoa, tomato & feta cheese,.20 g; Sweet Baby Peppers - 0.75 oz; Banana, 0.75 oz,; Fat Free American Cheese, 0.5 slice; Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; I Can't Believe Its Not Butter - Butter Spray, 5 sprays; TOTAL CALORIES: 129

Ending with a negative calorie count going into lunch is just where I like to be.

Kenda - your post reminds me again -- that I will have to force myself to get with it on strength training...my Achilles heel.

Good luck to all.

73641431.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your cat, rebetha82. Positive thoughts your way, whatever happens.

I have been pretty good about food stuff since re-focusing on Jan 5, so this week's challenge is to get back to more consistency with the exercise. I have some reasonable excuses, but I need to figure out how not to let them be excuses.

So today's big goal is to make my evening swim or, if I absolutely cannot due to work, to find a way to do some other alternative cardio.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Started the morning with a 355 calorie burn doing 60 minutes of walking, 3.1 mph.

Schools were delayed a few hours with freezing temp - had a hot (198 calorie breakfast) of:

Driscolls – Fresh Strawberries - 1 oz, 112.5 g; Broccoli, 0.5 ounce; Cauliflower 1oz; White Mushrooms, 1.5 oz (84g); Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Link (cut in half) 70% Less Fat, 68 grams); Egglands Best - Large Egg, 1 egg; Country Kitchen - Light Oatmeal Toast 1 slice; Tuscan Seasoning Shak'r, 0.25 tsp. (0.9g); I Can't Believe Its Not Butter - Butter Spray, 5 sprays.

TOTAL CALORIES: 198 (Leaving me a negative 157 calorie status heading into lunch.

20150113_084952_breakfast_1_zpsd32914fb.jpg
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!!!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Interesting - This was just on NBC News:

"Walk 20 minutes to live longer: Huge study reveals benefit of daily exercise (and how a lack of it kills twice as many people as obesity) "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2910206/Lack-exercise-kills-TWICE-people-obesity.html#ixzz3OwAu3LHn
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    I expected good numbers based upon my daily “monitoring” (zero change last Mon) and today is my usual “record weigh-in day” (I weigh daily to monitor but only record once a week). Very happy with results. I do not expect the same progress as the last challenge, as I am nearing my final goal.
    Ending with a negative calorie count going into lunch is just where I like to be.

But, in order for weight loss to slow down you have to increase your daily calories, don't you? I mean, as long as you stay in a 1000 calorie per day deficit from your maintenance calorie requirement, you'll just keep losing a lot each week, right? I always figured that was why the "accepted" rule was to continue to increase your daily NET calories according to how much you have (left) to lose:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

How will you stop losing 2 pounds a week if you don't eat more? Honestly curious.

55835802.png

• NikonPal
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sodakat – Mine was just a passing diary comment (related to an earlier post concerning extra sodium I had consumed and a bloated feeling I experienced on my self-imposed weigh-in day). One day later the scale did confirm a 2 lb loss. Since 2013, I have only had a couple incidents of “no loss” and never a gain on my “record” day. So I simply mentioned it.

As the Mayo Clinic article I posted had noted - “….Despite all the diet strategies out there, weight management still comes down to the calories you take in versus those you burn off…. you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you take in to lose 1 pound. So if you cut 500 calories from your typical diet each day, you'd lose about 1 pound a week (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories). It isn't quite this simple, however, and you usually lose a combination of fat, lean tissue and water. Also, because of changes that occur in the body as a result of weight loss, you may need to decrease calories further to continue weight loss.”

I already surpassed my initial weight-loss goal and I am less than 10 pounds from my last re-set goal. Going forward, I plan to change my exercise burn rate by concentrating more on muscle building than cardio.

The fact is, I only know my absolute final number is somewhere between 8 pounds and 18 pounds down the road. The mirror (not the scale) will tell me when I am done – based upon how I look & feel. Everything at this stage is “a work in progress” with a focus on a gradual transition into my long-term maintenance phase. The weight-loss part of my journey is almost over. I put a lot of thought, research and preparation into how much weight was appropriate for “me” to lose and at what rate.

Wish you the very best…you are doing great!

73641431.png