How long have you been on Ideal Protein?

Options
2»

Replies

• smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I started 3/21/14 and am down 58.4lbs! Loving this diet! Hoping that I will be able to become a coach :love:
  • Tanklan
    Tanklan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I am in my 3rd week of IP, down 9.2 lbs. My coach said I should not be hungry, but I am! Just wondering if spreading the protein out through the day would help. The tip about the tea is helpful, I will try that.
  • trablair
    trablair Posts: 6
    Options
    I am day one, phase one. I feel a long road ahead and it's pretty unnerving. I am gluten intolerant so was pretty shocked at how scant the selection was for GF people on IP. I can really eat only a handful of soups, puddings and drinks. No chips, rotini nor bars and any of the tasty looking chicken/noodle packets. Anyone else GF that has tried IP? I must lose 40 pounds- so that's three months of this. As a big foodie, wine lover and cook, I can feel the depression settling in already LOL. Also, 8 ounces felt like a lot of meat at one time. Does anyone split it for lunch and dinner?
  • AZ_Runner
    AZ_Runner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just finished my consultation today. I start tomorrow. I’m nervous!
  • AZ_Runner
    AZ_Runner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am very new to this program. What is the tea tip?
  • Berry9100
    Options
    Hi All. Joined MFP today. I've been on IP since Feb 13/14 and have lost 75lbs. It's the only diet that's worked for me and I'm very happy :)
  • constructisme
    constructisme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did IP a year ago and lost a lot of weight. I have since gained back a few pounds so decided to start again and see if I can get off the last 20 pounds. Restart was on 8/19/14 and was down 2.8 pounds the first week with a little cheat at the end of the week. Hoping all of you the best of luck on your IP venture. Will be here for support for all.
  • lbutterfield5
    lbutterfield5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been on the program for 4 weeks and have lost 16 pounds. I was on before and didn't phase off properly. I gained most of my weight back. I have almost 40 pounds I'd like to lose. I stick to plan and eat nothing that isn't approved. I don't cheat. I look at this diet as an investment in my health, and I don't want to mess it up this time.
  • I started yesterday morning on the Ideal Protein today is my day 2 My name is Maria Gregory my sw is 182.6 goal weight 117.
  • butterflygail
    butterflygail Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started Ideal Protein 9/3/14. Every other diet I have been on, I haven't had much success, and I let myself cheat. I'm NOT doing that with this diet, because I KNOW it works! My 1st weigh-in I was down 5# and 10"!! My goal is about 60-70 lb to lose, so I have a long ways to go. So far I like all the foods except the salt & vinegar crisps and the soups aren't too great.
  • Hundley3
    Hundley3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm gearing up for another round of Ideal Protein. I was on the plan about 6 months ago and lost 20 lbs. I went off plan kind of cold turkey but have maintained and managed to drop another 6 on my own. I'm getting ready to start up again in hopes of dropping another 25-30 and would love some accountability.
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have been on the program since April and am down 42 lbs. I really like the program, it's really the only way I have been successful in losing weight. The holidays are TOUGH, but that is the case with any weight loss effort. Temptation at every turn!
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 or 28 pounds on this program in 2014. November and December were bad for me as I was enjoying all the parties etc. I gained 14 pounds back. This week I am back on track with the program again. yippeee
  • pammee44
    pammee44 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i am down almost 50 lbs and have been on the program for almost a year now (started January 2014).
  • smileypeaches
    smileypeaches Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been on the program 15 months and have lost a total of 100lbs but the last few months have just been maintaining. Need to jump back in and get the last 50 off :)
  • ereesjo
    ereesjo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in Phase 1 day 15. ... I am hoping this works out as I have 60 pounds to lose. I've had a good start - I lost 10 pounds in the first week but this week I have not lost an ounce. Are the weight loss ups and downs normal? Did you have weeks where you lost many pounds and other weeks where you lost nothing? Also, my coach told me to do more exercise - I swim and walk and she wants me to take on a few aerobic exercises.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I started IP on August 15, as of today down 16 pounds. Have another 30 pounds I would like to lose
    And I have not stuck to plan perfectly (I eat cooked onions! and don't really pay attention to measing the limited veg or the oil). I've also had a couple of cheats....like 1 small milk chocolate ball a couple of times, and 10 almonds mid morning every other day.

I had tried weight watchers and a personal trainer and gained weight after 6 months (and on that I was religious with measuring and counting). I had also done MFP calorie counting, and did okay with weight loss, but was never able to get below a certain point.

Suprizingly, I didn't have any headaches or icky feeling the first week on IP, the second week though I wanted to fall asleep around 830 every night. That's finally leveled off. I'm really happy with progress so far and not really feeling hungry and the cravings have really gone away. I'm not wandering around the house at 9 pm after dinner wanting chips and salsa or cookies......

Expensive, but worth it so far.
  • Mazaku
    Mazaku Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was on the diet a couple of years ago with my wife. We both lost weight, but she hit her target and has stayed there. I had dropped from 275 down to 220, aiming at 200, but have buoyed back up to 240. When she stopped the diet and started eating more readily available food...so did I...and too much of it. Anyhow, I'm back on the diet and am going to hit my target this time. I've got some good legal dinner recipes, not using IP products, that I'd be happy to share.