An introduction

Options
mfleeg
mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
I'm sure there are many, but I just received my diagnosis on Friday.

I had done Insanity, P90X, P90X3, TurboFire, Chalean Extreme, Focus T25...and no weight loss whatsoever despite eating at a 1600 calorie a day diet that should have had me dropping something! I can exercise six days a week, eat a normal amount, and struggle to maintain.

I would also get extremely painful periods to the point where I can't stand or sit, but need to lay flat. I am hoping that now that I have been diagnosed, there's something that can be done for that. It's extremely painful! It's a pain to ask to work from home that day all of the time. My boss is a male and seems very understanding, though.

I also have had very oily skin and acne issues, even at 28! Nothing's ever been able to help with that no matter how many dermatologists I've seen.

I'm a little scared - but it seems more common now that I see this group. :)

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of good info and support here.

And yes, its more common than most people think.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You found the right spot, make sure now you've gotten a diagnosis that you've a doctor willing to help address the issues.

One thing you'll find is that there is not 100% guaranteed way to address this. It may take some time, and trial and error. This is why it's so important you've a doctor willing to work with you on this. That being said, read everything you can get your hands on, be informed, there are a lot of different approaches to addressing this, see what seems to make sense for you.

What I can tell you is that there is hope to lose weight, and address some of the very annoying symptoms that are associated with PCOS. I've been diagnosed for around 15 years, and though I at times could lose some of the weight I could never get a handle on the other symptoms :'( I finally have a Doctor who's working with me and getting results, two "normal" cycles in a row which has never happed for me before in my life, even as a teen. Almost 40lbs down with out starvation or extreme over exercise. It can be done!

Good luck!
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yup yup - low calorie diet, exercising, no results, people (including doctors!) insisting I must be lying and that "calories in calories out always works" - very familiar. You can lose weight with PCOS but you have to trick your system into it somehow.