do you add walks?

Options
Hi, I just connected my fitbit and was wondering if you add walks seperatly. Like if i decide to go for a 45 minute walk, do I add that as cardio for 45 minutes or do I not add it at all and let the fitbit use the steps as usual.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    As long as you weren't walking up a steep hill the whole time for many hours, or not carrying a 45 lb backpack - Fitbit's got it estimated already and included in the daily burn it reports to MFP.
    - Read some of the other recent topics that cover it for more details.
  • kittenluvvr7
    Options
    okay thanks
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm late on this, but Noone has mentioned this, so I'll reply.
    I don't manually log walks. I track them in MapMyWalk, which syncs with MFP, which then syncs with FitBit.
    I do manually add other cardio, such as time on the elliptical or treadmill, but I add it to MFP and let it sync with FitBit.
    It doesn't change steps, but does update active minutes and the exercise dashboard.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Why log treadmill, when that is step based and EXACTLY what the Fitbit is best at?

Steep incline for a long time, sure.
  • ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Why log treadmill, when that is step based and EXACTLY what the Fitbit is best at?

I log it because its sustained exercise as opposed to the stop-start-stop-start that most of my daily steps consist of. It shows on the Track Exercise part of the FitBit dashboard and I can easily see a calendar view of how many of those logged cardio exercises I've done that week and month.