Day 2: 1/12/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Welcome to day 2!! Happy Monday!

Setting small goals for everyday is very important for weight loss. It's about celebrating behavior instead of just a number on the scale. Focusing on behavior is the key to establishing new habits. Habit is what keeps you going when your motivation runs dry, and it will run dry at some point.

Keep it up!

My goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. yoga & strength training

Replies

• balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My twin goals for today are to drink 12 cups of water and stay with in calories. The walk part is iffy.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey, I didn't see this Day 2 post ... posted 5 mins ahead of mine :smile:

So, I post here again.

I am one day late to the challenge... but only on the board. Our 16 year old rescue cat started having problems to walk yesterday morning and then stopped to walk entirely, so we had to take him to the vet where he has to stay now for 48 h. His kidneys are only 10% functional :'(

For today, I am trying to keep my mind busy through exercise and knitting. Staying under is not too difficult since I increased my daily calories and so far it's going well. Ate too much bad foods during the weekend and had to much wine yesterday (cat related) but stayed within nonetheless.

So in conclusion, I hope you all have a great day!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    My twin goals for today are to drink 12 cups of water and stay with in calories. The walk part is iffy.

I don't know where you live, but around here (Massachusetts) the weather is really crappy out today. It's days like this that I'm glad I own a treadmill and can get my walks done without leaving the house.
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday! Stayed under my calorie goal and killed it at the gym!

Today:
    1. 156 ounces of water
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Under calorie goal!
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cat rebetha82. Having loved many a rescue cat in my life (have 2 now....said goodbye to one last January), I know how hard it is to see them sick. I hope he gets good care and can come back home with you.

My goals for today:
    1) Log everything
    2) Stay under calorie goal
    3) Get 10k, 5mi and 30 active minutes on my FitBit

Monday is a day where it is easier for me to do well with food/exercise so I am going to make the most of it! Have a great day everyone!
  • rebetha82
    Options
    Thanks cwoodside1976, let's hope for the best. He has a strong mind :smile: and really wants to live!
    52g80l76eu1p.jpg
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Best wishes to that cute kitty!!!
    Yesterday was a nice day of somewhat rest :) and it helped to finish the week with great calorie balance.
    I don't have exact plans for today but my usual goals are always valid: eat good, drink water, be active and get good sleep.
    SingRunTing, you really hit the nail on the head with your post. I feel the same way: motivation helps to get the wheels rolling but habits keep the train going. There will come a time, when doing the right thing, won't be a matter of fighting yourself or staying motivated, it will simply be a matter of habit!
    Have a fabulous Monday peeps!!
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the kitty!
    My goals for today are staying under on my calories, drinking enough water, rocking the gym, and going to bed at a decent time.
    Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Good luck to kitty! Totally get the wine thing and good for being under.

My goals for the day are a bit lofty!

-I've already gotten a great workout in (heavy lifting session and spin class).
    -Get the carpets cleaned.
    -Move kid two into kid ones bedroom (kid one is away at college and probably won't be living at home again -need a pouty lip emoticon for this!).
    -Laundry
    -Spackle kid two's current bedroom and clean surfaces in preparation for painting.
    -Take stuff to husbands office.
    -Meet with kid two's new school.
    -Help kid two with college apps.
    -Log all food.
  • rebetha82
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Good going everyone!

Added plans:
    - cleaning the kitchen (done)
    - workout 1 (to make up for yesterday)
    - cleaning the bathroom (I hear it calling my name)
    - laundry
    - workout 2 (to get tired enough after a sleepless night)

Have a nice day and a good start in the week!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    My goals for today are:
    -log everything
    -drink 10 glasses water
    -don't over eat at family dinner tonight
  • sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Goals for today stay under calorie goal-today is my birthday and I want a cupcake so I will have one and make it fit!
  • rebetha82
    Options
    Happy Birthday sis2072!!! Hope you have a great day! Enjoy your cupcake :smiley:
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I don't know where you live, but around here (Massachusetts) the weather is really crappy out today. It's days like this that I'm glad I own a treadmill and can get my walks done without leaving the house.

@SingRunTing‌ same here in New Hampshire! We haven't gotten as much snow as you guys have, but its been off and on all morning.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are:
    1. Stay under my calorie goal
    2. Track everything!
    3. Get back to the gym (I've been absent last two weeks due to this horrible sinus infection/bronchitis)
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Goals for today include trying a new quiche recipe and getting to the gym, as well as staying within my calorie allowance. Im .8 lbs lower than yesterday which confirms my suspicion i was carrying a lot of water weight. At the gym riding right now, got 45 min left then a nice walk to cool down. Hope everyone is having a great day so far!
  • deteriminedAMY
    deteriminedAMY Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well, here goes...my first post. Better late than never! I intended to write earlier but it didn't happen. My goals for the day are:
    * get on the treadmill
    The first two are good so far but the last one is still questionable. Unfortunately I had dental surgery 3 weeks ago and I am having problems with incredible mouth pain. Back to the endodontist tomorrow. Ugh :(
  • angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My goals for today were to drink 8+ glasses of water, remember to take my multivitamin and meet my daily requirement for fiber.