Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Go To Breakfast?

roseypdx
roseypdx Posts: 12 Member
Do you have a go to vegan breakfast? I do - no surprise - a smoothie is an easy one for me. Monday thru Saturday I am like a robot - same thing. Smoothie made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 frozen banana, a few handfuls of spinach or kale, and then 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder. I also usually treat myself to a Garden Lites Blueberry Oat muffin that come frozen at Costco. I haven't found them anywhere else. Absolutely love them and adds that little bit extra on those mornings when I work out where I feel I need a bit more.

On Sunday - love to do a special treat. Not really like a cheat day but something different that feels more indulgent. My favorites are vegan blueberry pancakes or a tofu veggie scramble. Vegan sausage, red potatoes and a bit of fruit often accompany this - yummy, vegan, and with good portion control a great treat without destroying my diet.

What are your go to breakfasts?

Replies

• gogocristy
    gogocristy Posts: 4 Member
    Tvp, soy milk, cereal
  • roseypdx
    roseypdx Posts: 12 Member
    What is TVP? Textured Vegetable Protein?
  • Wonderdash
    Wonderdash Posts: 10 Member
    My new go-to is a Green Smoothie or I'll juice a couple of oranges and about 5 carrots. Mmmmm
  • coffeecure
    coffeecure Posts: 3 Member
    My go to for this winter is hot oatmeal made with some unsweetened almond milk and frozen berries. I usually add some flax seed and chia if I remember.
  • elizabethjmurphy
    elizabethjmurphy Posts: 11 Member
    My go to is overnight oats with, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, frozen berry or goji, chia seed & ground flax seeds. I love it because it's already prepared and ready in the fridge!!
  • jgunter1212
    jgunter1212 Posts: 1 Member
    roseypdx wrote: »
    Do you have a go to vegan breakfast? I do - no surprise - a smoothie is an easy one for me. Monday thru Saturday I am like a robot - same thing. Smoothie made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 frozen banana, a few handfuls of spinach or kale, and then 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 2 tablespoons of hemp protein powder. I also usually treat myself to a Garden Lites Blueberry Oat muffin that come frozen at Costco. I haven't found them anywhere else. Absolutely love them and adds that little bit extra on those mornings when I work out where I feel I need a bit more.

On Sunday - love to do a special treat. Not really like a cheat day but something different that feels more indulgent. My favorites are vegan blueberry pancakes or a tofu veggie scramble. Vegan sausage, red potatoes and a bit of fruit often accompany this - yummy, vegan, and with good portion control a great treat without destroying my diet.

What are your go to breakfasts?
    Garde Lites muffins isnt vegan, it contains egg whites

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Huel Black vanilla with water and a little soy milk at the moment, or oat porridge with fruit, nuts and seeds, or muesli. Sourdough toast, and banana at the weekend!
  • MKWXIII
    MKWXIII Posts: 52 Member
    Breakfast sandwich, Just Egg omelet, also love a bagel when I'm in a hurry, cereal is a good option, too.
    I've never been a smoothie or oatmeal girl.
  • pnehra731
    pnehra731 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I’m a big fan of savory oats. I make them with roasted peppers, black beans, salsa, and cheese.