Flirting tips?

Options
photo_kyla
photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
I need help! I'm absolutely dismal at knowing if a guy is flirting with me and at flirting back. It's been 2 years since my last relationship ended and I think I'm hesitantly finally ready to get back out there in the dating scene.
Any pointers?

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a guy and I am equally clueless. Unless she just outright tells me verbally, I interpet any and all potential cues of flirtiness to just being friendly. I have many things I blame for my broken flirtdar. (is that a word? flirt + radar? XD ) I'm not very flirty to begin with, being so fat for so long has messed with my mind a bit, I'm shy and bit of introvert but it has gotten better.

I've been told a simple thing as eye contact and smiling is a great way to flirt. My problem is when I see someone I find attractive and/or like, I tend to do the opposite of that. I become akward, clam up, avoid eye contact, pretty much my body language changes from friendly and approachable to "leave me alone" which coming from a larger guy as myself, I can understand how that can be intimidating towards some women, which doesn't help me at all.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    ok I had to learn to flirt and have become pretty damn good at it even when I'm at my heaviest.....

Tips for ladies
    1. Find a facial feature on yourself that you want to draw attention too.. IE lips or eyes... make sure your make up draws attention to that feature .
    2. Smile and make coy eye contact. Look at him, make eye contact, smile, look away and then glance back.
    3. Dress for your confidence (everyone has different clothes that make them feel attractive or sexy) when you feel like your confident or sexy you relax and are more open.
    4. Talk to the guy!!!!! Don't be afraid to approach a guy especially at the bar. The easiest trick is wait till he is at the bar then stand next to him and order your drink , Smile and complement him (nice shirt, Nice watch) Having a multitude of guy friends I have learned that most of them stress about how they look too and some take longer than I do to get ready lol...
    5. Have a wing man or women, They become the ice breaker especially if your quarry is with a group of guys, one of the things my girls and I will do is have 1 girl in the group go to the guys and tell them flat out that they were bet a drink that they wouldn't go up and talk to them. Then the rest of the group follows. (the guys probably know whats going on but really they don't care you did more than half the work for them lol)
    6. THIS IS A BIG ONE........
    If you aren't interested in a guy don't be a dick ,be nice, talk for a few second before you extract yourself from the situation.. Don't think that other guys aren't watching and they will judge you if they think your a snob. Think about it would you want to approach someone if you thought they might treat you like slime...

Be nice, be polite, smile, laugh and enjoy yourself!!! The more you look like your having fun the more people want to be around you and the more attractive you look...
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    jenbit wrote: »
    ok I had to learn to flirt and have become pretty damn good at it even when I'm at my heaviest.....

2. Smile and make coy eye contact. Look at him, make eye contact, smile, look away and then glance back.

This is pretty much all you need. The fellas will come a'runnin'. B)
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    well...do you flirt with old people and babies now?

By that - I mean, you're standing in the line in the supermarket and you see a baby. Do you smile and wave and start playing peek a boo?

If you're standing next to an old person, do you start to ask them about their day or comment to make them smile?

It's not 'real' flirting. But it *is* flirting. It's gateway flirting.

From there, you ride your flirting high and start to smile overbright to the guys at the checkout stands and talking to them about their day...soon it becomes waiters, and then ...the cute guy in front of you getting coffee.

Gateway flirting.

• Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I never made first moves but I did what Jen said if out at the bar. I'd go get a drink next to guy in question, bump him or wait until he looked my way then said "hello!" or smiled. I called it passive aggressive flirting. :)

Other than that smiling works wonders. I'd often go to shows and stuff alone and just enjoyed myself which equaled to
    Smiling which equaled to guys coming to say hello.