Anyone inerested in joining me in a Virtual 5k?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
With this virtual race you can walk, use the treadmill or run outside. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. I would love for everyone to challenge themselves to this. The date is Jan. 25th, that's a Sunday but you can do yours anytime that weekend. Than we will have 3 more in Feb, March and April. That way you can see how you improve as you drop more weight. This isn't about becoming a runner, just walking if you want. On the day of the race I will post a topic "race times" and you can post your time. It's not about being the fastest, it's about the commitment and the completion. Once you compete in all 4 I am sure we will all see a difference in our time. Who's in?

Replies

• Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    nice idea - I am in! I am doing a couch-to-10 km training plan at Endomondo right now, so that fits quite nicely (hopefully I will also stick to it ;) )
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. I am a regular runner but I can encourage others.
  • JenNicole11
    JenNicole11 Posts: 1,834 Member
    Options
    I just started running again after an injury while training for a 1/2 marathon, so I would love to join! I have a lot of catching up to do :smile:
  • marissalea93
    marissalea93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I haven't ran since my 5k in October :(
  • Globug583
    Globug583 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love walking and try everyday to get those 5 miles. Today I made it to 4.48 Consider me in! ;)
  • Soybeaner
    Soybeaner Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Remind me some how as it gets closer. I did C25K months ago after my youngest was born. Right now the 5K distance is perfect for me - fun run without dull. I am in the Midwest and run outside all year long. Love it!
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This sounds fun, now if the temp would just be above zero!
  • Farmgirlfit85
    Farmgirlfit85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a 5k anyway! So this sounds great!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    looking forward to our Virtual 5k this weekend..how about you?
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Love the idea. Sounds like great fun and motivation. I'm not sure if I'll be available but I will try to participate.
  • Shrynkabelle
    Shrynkabelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out, but what the heck, I can walk it. It will be interesting to see improvements in the following months :blush:
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Love the idea. Sounds like great fun and motivation. I'm not sure if I'll be available but I will try to participate.
    You can do it anytime this weekend Friday thru Sunday!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    I'm just starting out, but what the heck, I can walk it. It will be interesting to see improvements in the following months :blush:

Exactly!!

• watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Sounds like alot of fun. I will do a run/walk combo on the treadmill either Sat or Sun. This will be my benchmark and I'll look to improve on the next ones. Great idea!!!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in... I will also walk/run on Saturday or Sunday. Fun!!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    Options
    I'm in... I will also walk/run on Saturday or Sunday. Fun!!

Just re-read and saw its on Sunday... So I will do it then :-)
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I will be walking it out :)
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I always do at least one 4 mile run on the weekends, so I'll just do this instead.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Remember you can do this challenge anyday day Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I will make a post for everyone to post their time and maybe I can get the lady that made our wonderful weight loss spreadsheet to make one for this to show how we improve each month!
  • AmandaStrickland1
    Options
    That's a great idea! Great motivation too!