Day 3: 1/13/15

Options
rebetha82
rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
Hey group,

sad news for my little family. We had to let go our cat Bogus yesterday night. He passed peacefully in our presence and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for your kind words of support!

Life goes on and exercise actually keeps my mind busy, so I worked out twice yesterday and cleaned the apartment. For today, I will probably do my DVD of JMs Body Revolution and keep on knitting. Staying under calorie-wise is always implied.

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 2 down, 98 to go!

Sorry about your kitty. I would be devastated :(

I hit my goals yesterday. It feels really good to be back into the groove of things now that the holidays are over.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 2.5 mile run & strength training
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh rebetha82....so sorry to hear about kitty. I've been there and I know how painful it is. Take good care of yourself today.

Made my 3 goals yesterday and am really appreciating having an intention to focus on.

Goals for today:
    1) Stay under calorie goal
    2) Start level 2 of Daily Burn - True Beginner
    3) Stay on top of my hunger with health snacks (this was an issue yesterday)
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Rebetha82 I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad that it was a peaceful transition.

My goals for today are:
    1. Stay under calorie goal/log my meals today
    2. Get in 10,000 steps as this is my exercise right now
    3. Get my water in today. Was a little behind yesterday.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Back to my routine. Riding the bus, walking to work and back.

If you guys have not yet checked the progress sheet then I will recommend doing so. As of last check the group has already lost 30 lbs. The current group target for 100 days is 500 lbs. Post your current weight in Weigh In sheet whenever you can.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. I just checked the weigh in sheet and the numbers are filed in for the Jan 20th weigh in which isn't till next week. Am I missing something?
  • balancedwalker
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused. I just checked the weigh in sheet and the numbers are filed in for the Jan 20th weigh in which isn't till next week. Am I missing something?

The milestone days are now ranking days and not the weigh in days. However, the milestone is now treated as a 10% continuum where the most current weigh in will be placed. This is meant to accommodate all schedules. If any one miss weigh in during the milestone the current weight will move to the next milestone. This will ensure that no one drops out once they join the spreadsheet.

I expect that this will be little confusing in the beginning but will settle in after couple of milestones. Let me know if you need more explanation.
  • SingRunTing
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »

The milestone days are now ranking days and not the weigh in days. However, the milestone is now treated as a 10% continuum where the most current weigh in will be placed. This is meant to accommodate all schedules. If any one miss weigh in during the milestone the current weight will move to the next milestone. This will ensure that no one drops out once they join the spreadsheet.

I expect that this will be little confusing in the beginning but will settle in after couple of milestones. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Just another way to look at it:
    I think of the milestone days as a "cut off" for getting your new weight logged in. You already logged your starting weight. The next cut off is on the 20th. So you need to get a "new" weight logged in before then.
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your kitty!

I woke up with a lot of DOMS this morning so I was not excited about that. However, today I will still reach my goals.
    First, I want to stay below my calorie goal. Yesterday wasn't good because I picked high calorie snacks. Second, I need to drink plenty of water and log it. Finally, I plan on going to the gym for at least 45 minutes today.

Good luck everyone with meeting your goals!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Sorry for the kitty rebetha :(
    Took another rest day yesterday! I really feel they work better in pairs. Calories were great and so was water intake and sleep.
    For today, I have some organizing to do, and I still haven't decided what form of exercise to adopt. Regardless of my final choice, I always try to make it special and celebrate the day!
    Make it fabulous!!!!
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    gyrrlec88uwr.jpg

It's all hard. I choose losing. So, I'm keeping under my calorie goal, drinking 64 oz of water, and I AM going to exercise for at least 30 minutes tonight.

I can do this. We all can!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your cat - it's never easy to lose a pet, especially one who has been a part of your family for so long! I'm glad you had such a long time with him, and that he passed peacefully with the people he loved.

Yesterday I didn't make the meal I had wanted to, but I had a more intensive workout instead. I originally planned to ride the bike for 50 minutes (~15 miles), and then walk for a mile or so, but decided to push myself to ride for 80 minutes. I ended up riding 23 miles! I was a bit too pooped to make dinner after, so we got dinner out. I did log everything, and did stay under calories as I aimed to.
    • Today my goals include making that quiche I've been hoping to.
    • I'd also like to take a light ride today (~5 miles?) plus do some walking to help me bounce back. My lower back and hips are feeling the aftereffects of my long ride, but I find doing something lightly active helps me feel better faster. I'll have to remind myself to do some foam rolling today before I head to the gym.
    • I also need to remember to take my vitamins later today, and aim to stay under my caloric allowance today.

• SingRunTing
    Options
    krp97 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear about your kitty!

I woke up with a lot of DOMS this morning so I was not excited about that. However, today I will still reach my goals.
    First, I want to stay below my calorie goal. Yesterday wasn't good because I picked high calorie snacks. Second, I need to drink plenty of water and log it. Finally, I plan on going to the gym for at least 45 minutes today.

Good luck everyone with meeting your goals!!

I had some DOMS this weekend. As in so sore I could barely walk. I did some yoga and used the foam roller and it's so much better now. Foam rollers are awesome.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty :'( . It's devastating to lose a pet especially one you've been with for so long.

So yesterday's goals were a bit too lofty!

-get a great workout in (heavy lifting session and spin class). Done
    -Get the carpets cleaned. Done
    -Move kid two into kid ones bedroom (kid one is away at college and probably won't be living at home again -need a pouty lip emoticon for this!). Nope-the carpet was still wet
    -Laundry-Done
    -Spackle kid two's current bedroom and clean surfaces in preparation for painting.-nope-kid didn't move, can't spackle!
    -Take stuff to husbands office.-done
    -Meet with kid two's new school.-done and registered
    -Help kid two with college apps.-didn't even open the files!
    -Log all food-done!

So for today:
    -kid two almost fully moved in but probably won't be finished until tomorrow.
    -played 18 holes of really bad golf but really beautiful weather.
    -take kid two back to new school for some testing.
    -line up doctors appointments
    -log all food.

I'm having some folks over tomorrow night so tomorrow will be busy and I won't be on much. Will get a big workout in, do the grocery shopping and clean the house. I will earn that vodka tomorrow night!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Sorry about Bogus... never easy...we had 2 indoor cats for roughly 20 years that passed and currently have a rescued Calico named Sabrina...hope the JMs Body Revolution helped. :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So sorry, rebetha82. I too have gone through that, and I know it's tough.

Today's goals (should have posted sooner) were:

1) Workout (did this)
    2) Bring lunch (did not do this--kind of a late start)
    3) Log everything/stay within calories
    4) Go to bed early enough to get at least 6 hours even if I get up by 5 as planned (I am trying to use baby steps to get more sleep, but it's not really working yet)
  • balancedwalker
    Options
    rebetha82 wrote: »
    Hey group,

sad news for my little family. We had to let go our cat Bogus yesterday night. He passed peacefully in our presence and we will miss him dearly. Thank you for your kind words of support!

Life goes on and exercise actually keeps my mind busy, so I worked out twice yesterday and cleaned the apartment. For today, I will probably do my DVD of JMs Body Revolution and keep on knitting. Staying under calorie-wise is always implied.

Have a great day everyone!

Sorry about your loss. Stay strong and cherish all the profound memories of your beloved cat.
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    Daily goals:

1. Workout
    2. Log
    3. Water
  • rebetha82
    Options
    You guys are so amazing. Thank you all for your kind words! <3 He'll be in our hearts!
  • rebetha82
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Sorry about Bogus... never easy...we had 2 indoor cats for roughly 20 years that passed and currently have a rescued Calico named Sabrina...hope the JMs Body Revolution helped. :)

It helped!

Bogus was a rescue too, we saved him from unnecessary euthanasia. He had some very good years with us and we with him. It's amazing how deeply one's life can be touched by an animal.

I just googled Calico cats... Sabrina must be a beauty!

• angel_of_harmony
    angel_of_harmony Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Today's goals were to drink 8+ glasses of water, take the stairs instead of the elevator (I had a class on 3rd floor) and meet my requirements in fiber. I was 9 grams shy of meeting my goal for fiber. Also decided to go out to eat tonight, but I stayed within my calorie limit! :D