Unexpected NSV

Options
paul87920
paul87920 Posts: 165 Member
So on a whim I decided to try on a pair of Converse which had never fit in the past because my feet were too wide. Not only did they fit, but I'm in a Men's 12 instead of a 13. Did anyone else know their foot width would shrink too?

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have heard of that happening. It has not happened to me, though. I still have big feet! LOL
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I lost a 1/2 to a whole shoe size, yup.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I went from very wide shoes to now having a narrow foot! Most of my shoes no longer fit for that reason. But I stayed the same size, didn't shrink a size like you.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I hope this happens for me. I've had a wide foot and high arch my entire life. I remember my parents taking me to special stores to get shoes for my big feet. Then they grew after two kids. I'd be happy going back to a 9-9.5 and normal width. I might find shoes and actually like shoe shopping where now, I detest it!!

and Paul, like you, I can't get my wide foot in a pair of converse. OK, maybe close, but too darn tight to bring them home. :( I was the only one out of my hubby and kids that couldn't wear them two years ago.
  • sleevedgirl
    Options
    I'm only 3 weeks post op and all my shoes are too big and I don't know what to do! Buy more now and more later or shuffle around in big shoes!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I went from having to buy wide shoes to having to buy regular width shoes. I had to replace a LOT of my old shoes that were just too big. Now I wear much taller shoes than before, too :-)
  • Patty2point0
    Patty2point0 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My shoes fit much better but not enough to get into a smaller size...
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Mine were 'sloppy' on my feet. I went out an bought a bunch of shoe gel inserts and it solved most of the problems, but
    i did lose a size in length too.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I already have a size narrow width. What I need is to lose from my size 10 length. In my dreams I'd drop to a size 8 :) From what I see here, I'll have to keep dreaming.
  • trinity9058
    trinity9058 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I went from a size nine to a seven and a half and I'm only eight months out. I'm having a hard time with all of my old shoes that are too expensive to let go of quite yet. My feet slip and slide all around the inside of em. I'm gonna have to do something different pretty soon.
  • juliebccs
    juliebccs Posts: 233
    Options
    paul87920 wrote: »
    So on a whim I decided to try on a pair of Converse which had never fit in the past because my feet were too wide. Not only did they fit, but I'm in a Men's 12 instead of a 13. Did anyone else know their foot width would shrink too?

Well done!! I too have gone down a size. I told my family my shoes were too big and they said even losing weight doesn't change the size. Well it really does!!! I am definitely down a size and those pre-surgery shoes are all too big.
    Great NSV!

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I no longer need zippers on my boots!
  • funfatfriend
    funfatfriend Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am 4 weeks out. Just came back to work today, put my work shoes on they are totally flopping up and down...lol
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I went from a wide width to regular width shoes now. This was also the first winter that I was able to buy a pair of boots in my size with a regular calf size!!! I was extremely excited about that regular size calf! Congrats on your converse shoe revelation!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    yes, down 2 sizes but sadly my foot is still wide :D
  • sleevedgirl
    Options
    I'm literally walking out of all my shoes AND socks!