New Year, New Goals

Options
emmerin78
emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
Greetings, all, and a Happy 2015!

I've noticed that the boards have been quiet lately; I'm hoping that now that the holidays have passed and we're on our way into a new year, we can get things going a bit.

For many years, my resolutions were always the same: lose weight, get healthier, be a better version of myself. While these things still hold true, I feel like they've become more a way of life than a resolution. However, I do like the idea of having specific goals or projects unrelated to the scale that could help to make me more well-rounded and fulfilled in the upcoming year.

In 2015, I look forward to:

1) Getting back into music. I was recently given the gift of a used violin; I haven't played in 17 years, but I'm hoping to practice and see where that may lead me.

2) Becoming a better photographer. I've always wanted to take better pictures, and now I finally have a camera that will give me an opportunity to learn manual photography.

3) Finishing my first quilt. I've been working on small sewing projects over the years, but have never undertaken a quilt. I've got some good ideas swirling around in my head and am planning to get moving on them.

What are some of your goals for 2015?

Replies

• Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Getting and staying healthier is a way of life and not a resolution.

In 2015, I look forward to:
    1. Reading a few more books. This is one of my stress relievers and I have not picked up a book over 6 months. I started the first book yesterday, "Good Call" by Jase Robertson.
    2. Cultivate my freindships, since the twins came I have not 'hung' out with my dearest friends. I started doing things with one of my good friends toward the end of 2014 and I want to kick it up a little more in 2015 - even do play dates!

Cheers,
    ~Crystal~
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Get back to MFP = one day at a time.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Resolutions:

1 - Spend more time in meditation
    2 - Cultivate my spirituality
    3 - Find my "why"
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Some of my new goals for the year are... Getting back into zumba, eating cleaner, riding my new bike everywhere, and starting a family :D
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @ Crystal - those are some great goals, mama! I am always in awe of my friends with children who manage to string together coherent sentences on almost no sleep :)

@ Maelyn - I love the spiritual focus of your goals. I've been really interested in learning more about meditation...I have several friends for whom it's made a world of difference.

@ Malia - I really want to try Zumba - it looks like so much fun! But I think I need to lose another 40 lbs or so before I'll feel safe trying it with my bum knee. And I'm totally with you on the cleaner eating and starting a family - here's to making good choices that hopefully lead to some MFP 100+ babies :wink:
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My goals:

Since I lost my streak on MFP, I've gotten less than regular with being on here and the results are to be expected. So goal one, like CRODY - MFP one day at a time. LOG,LOG,LOG

I want to push on hiking and double my distances this summer over what I did last year.

Find the time to improve my photographic skills by joining and participating in a photography group.

Enjoy meeting M23Prime (Mark) and the rest of the vacation that goes with it. Not put on too much weight on the cruise before getting to the active part of hiking and activity in Alaska.

Do the first two of those well, and the health and weightloss should come along.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I sure do wish this board was more active! It would be nice to get to know you all a little more!

My goals for 2015-

1.) Be a better wife. My son is a week shy from one year old and as any parent probably knows, I have been totally consumed with him for this entire almost year. I have an absolutely amazing, supportive husband who caters to my every need and sometimes he gets a little lost in the jumble that is motherhood.

2.) Find a HOUSE! (okay, so this is a different kind of goal, but one we want to reach so badly!) This is the year we are searching for our first home (after three years of marriage) and I just can't wait!

3.) Continue to be the best mother in the world :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2015:
    1. Get back to my strength and stamina level I had before the back issue.
    2. Get stronger than I was before. lol!
    3. Actually run the Grafitti Run this year. Last year I walked/ran the 5 km. This year I want to get a bit better.
    4. My family life is wonderful and fulfilling... there are always ways it could be better but I wouldn't change them for the world. :D
    5. Change some of the bad eating habits I've picked up over the last four months. Boredom eating is a very bad thing.

Hope everyone had a great holidays and New Year!