Day 5: 1/15/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Good morning!

I'm not feeling well today, so I'm planning on skipping my normal step goal & exercise goal.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. rest

Replies

• danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Yesterday I planned on resting but ended up doing a mild indoor workout. I'm glad I did, because it gave me an epic NSV. Towards the end of our workout, my daughter was pressing a heavy chair overhead, did some supported handstands and climbed the door frame using her bare hands and feet :) when she was done she ran to the mirror and started flexing her biceps. I caught a picture of her doing that and in that moment I felt so proud and accomplished. It's not just that I'm getting better, it's that I'm raising a daughter who loves her body, knows how to feed it right and has tremendous power.
    "We have never met a truly strong person who didn't have self-respect."
    Sometimes our little path to health becomes so much more!
    Have a fabulous day !
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon SingRunTing!!!!!
    Rest up!
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    After activating the steps option on iPhone I am letting iPhone and MFP App to figure out the steps. For today I have twin goal of walking 15,000 steps and staying with in calories limit. Will keep using NikeRunning App as well.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    Yesterday I planned on resting but ended up doing a mild indoor workout. I'm glad I did, because it gave me an epic NSV. Towards the end of our workout, my daughter was pressing a heavy chair overhead, did some supported handstands and climbed the door frame using her bare hands and feet :) when she was done she ran to the mirror and started flexing her biceps. I caught a picture of her doing that and in that moment I felt so proud and accomplished. It's not just that I'm getting better, it's that I'm raising a daughter who loves her body, knows how to feed it right and has tremendous power.
    "We have never met a truly strong person who didn't have self-respect."
    Sometimes our little path to health becomes so much more!
    Have a fabulous day !

Awesome! Raising a strong child with a great future ahead! You are a great role model for your daughter!
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hope you'll feel better soon SingRunTing! Take good care of yourself!

My goals for today:

- get one workout done (workout 1 of JM Body Revolution)
    - maybe another workout, but might not be able since I am meeting a friend later in the afternoon
    - stay within and close to calorie goal
    - relax over tea with my friend

Have a great day everyone!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My goals for today are morning dvd workout (done), water, stay within calories and macros, fitness class at gym tonight. Little sore today, increased my bench press from 40 to 50 lbs. Happy about that because 2 weeks I couldn't lift that and last night I did 3x10. I am getting stronger :)
    Take care SingRunTing!
    Awesome job Danelutza, great feeling to raise a strong fit girl!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Today's Goals:
    1. Wear Fitbit
    2. Thursday Gym Routine
    3. Stay within calories and log everything

Hope you feel better soon SingRunTing.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Today's goals:
    1. Zumba class (made it barely!)
    2. Clean up kitchen from get together last night.
    3. Prep bedroom two for painting and hopefully get the cutting in done.
    4. Log everything
    5. Extra water to flush last nights indulgences.
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Rebetha you're doing great, I love how you keep consistent!

Kenda!!!!! 10 lb to your bench press is amazing! Congratulations!!!!
  • awhitley
    awhitley Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon, SingRunTing. I applaud you for even setting goals!

Yesterday was a low step day for me as I spent 3 1/2 hrs. in a classroom...sitting.
    So here are my goals for today:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. Drink at least 64 oz water
    3. Stay in my calorie range
    4. Clean bathrooms (at home)
    5. Next week's lesson plans (at work)

danelutza- You inspire me! Inspiring your daughter to be fit and strong is an awesome accomplishment! I am trying to do the same with my 12 year old daughter.
  • cwoodside1976
    cwoodside1976 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter who has always loved moving her body. She has been a gymnast and dancer most of her life so far. She LOVES doing workout DVDs with me and has never had a 'this is work' attitude about it. To her, moving your body feels amazing so why wouldn't you want to do it. I, on the other hand, do not share her enthusiasm (but DO support it and never speak badly about it!) Having her join in on workouts inspires me to see it in a different way. It clearly gives her pleasure so maybe I could learn to see it that way too.

Met goals yesterday (hydrate, 10k steps and choose a good dinner from Chipotle.)

Today:
    1) Get my freakin' laundry done already.
    2) 10k steps
    3) Stay under calorie goal (went over by just a tiny bit yesterday)
  • captjac97
    captjac97 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's goals were met except for taking measurements to better track progress.
    Today's goals:
    1. Take Measurements!!! No matter how bad I don't like them.
    2. Get a min of 64 oz of water.
    3. Go top gym and finish my step goal for Fitbit and do lower body workout on machines in the circuit.
    4. Track everything!!! (so far so good on that)
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Ladies, we are doing a great job here!
    Awhitley you will always be your daughter's role model and she will follow in your healthy footsteps!
    Cwoodside1976 I'm loving your approach because it goes to show the special bond we have with our children: a two way street, where we both teach and learn from our children!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Goals today include taking a rest from the gym, making a healthy dinner, and staying under my calorie goals. I've been over the past few days, and especially since I'm not going to the gym I need to keep tabs on my intake. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • h3ll3tt
    h3ll3tt Posts: 28
    Options
    Goals for the day

1. Kill my workout
    2. Make healthy choices
    3. Feel satisfied with what I accomplish today
    lalepepper wrote: »
    Goals today include taking a rest from the gym, making a healthy dinner, and staying under my calorie goals. I've been over the past few days, and especially since I'm not going to the gym I need to keep tabs on my intake. Hope everyone has a great day!

• nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I got sick this week, So I haven't worked out since Sunday. :/ I also ate a couple of unhealthy things this week which I'm not very proud of. I'm just trying to heal up.
  • adora85
    adora85 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Goals for the Day:

1. Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred DVD LVL 1
    2. 10 Cups of water
    3. Stay under my calorie goal
    4. Go to bed on time (i go to bed way too late. Shooting for 10:30 pm)
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm not feeling well today, so I'm planning on skipping my normal step goal & exercise goal.

Goals for today:
    1. stay within calories
    2. rest

Wish you good health
  • justdebbie1
    justdebbie1 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Didn't get all my goals met today. 3 cups of water away from getting 10 cups in. Didn't get off work yesterday till almost 3am this morning. So I slept in today, and didn't get to the post office. I have been walking to work the last 2 days so that is something.