Introducing Myself, also Workout/Exercise Routines!

Options
Vauxin
Vauxin Posts: 16 Member
Greetings guys and gals, I thought it about time to actually introduce myself, although I joined this group right after my surgery. Two years ago I would say was when I knew I had to do something about my weight at 570ish pounds my family doctor finally talked me into seeing someone about having surgery. pre-Pre op diet of six month went well enough but terrible news after getting done, Insurance company would no longer cover the surgery. So I decided to go it alone for a few months and had some success of a 2000cal diet and then some good news the Insurance company had reverenced the decision, but I had to do their required pre pre op diet again.... This time however I finally was able to have surgery 480ish if I recall on day of surgery. 3 months and 240 some pounds lost overall and 176 since surgery and so much more to go. As far as Exercise goes I am really into weight lifting now thanks to some good friends, and would like to know what everyone else is doing, I will go first.

Monday

Squat: 5x5
Bench press: 4x8
Deadlift: 6x3
Lat pull-downs: 3x10
Seated rows: 3x10
Hammer strength low rows: 3x10
Dumb bell curls: 3x10
preacher curls: 3x10

Wednesday

Squat: 6x3
Bench press: 5x5
Deadlift: 4x8
Dumb bell Incline: 3x10
Pec flys: 3x10
Dips: 3x10
Tricep extensions: 3x10

Friday

Squat: 4x8
Bench Press: 6x3
Deadlift: 5x5
Leg press: 4x15
Leg curls: 4x15
calf raises: 4x15

Sets and reps, and then off days cardio 1.5 miles at least.

Replies

• jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!!! When I grow up, I want to lift weights like you!!! Haha. Keep up the awesome work!
  • Vauxin
    Options
    Thank you, and I would be nowhere without my good friends. Currently at 324lbs would like to get to around 270 or lower. I wish I would have taken more pictures along the way, but I do have this little collage my cousin made. I think the right I am still around 350lbs.

shteq720xs1u.jpg
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is amazing. Good for you for sticking with things even when surgery was denied. I probably put you in a better place for surgery. This is my new routine I just started. I do supersets so if you foollow down I do 2 things together and alternate the lifting with the cardio

Day 1
    10 min light cardio warm up
    squat 6-12x3
    row 6-12x3
    pullup 6-12x3
    jumping jacks 30x3
    bench 6-12x3
    stepup 12-24 x3
    side hops 1min x3
    cable resist 1 min each side x3
    russian twists
    jacknives
    cool down 20 min light cardio

Day 2: 20-30 min high intesity cardio

Day 3
    Pull up (neutral grip) 6-12x3
    OHP/latoral lunge 6-12 each side x3
    Dips 6-12x3
    mountain climbers 30x3
    leg press 6-12 x3
    jumping jacks 30x3
    plank 1 min x3
    lunges 6-12 each side x3

Day 4: 20-30 min high intesity cardio

Day 5
    Squat 6-12 x3
    supinated grip pull up 6-12 x3
    Row (low pulley) 6-12 x3
    incline bench 6-12 x3
    face pulls 6-12 x3
    jumping jacks 30x3
    side hops 1 min x3
    step up with OHP 6-12 each side x3
    Russian twists
    jacknives

Day6: 20-30 min high intesity cardio

• Vauxin
    Options
    Thank you, your routine looks pretty intense :o. Me and my friend just started this routine as well, it is called Daily Undulating Periodization (DUP), that is the reason for squat, bench, and dead lifts every day we go. The basic idea is hit each muscle group every 36 hours to keep a higher level of protein synthesis, but change the percentage (based on 1 rep maxes) and reps, not sure how it is going to workout but boy does it get a good sweat going!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You have a great routine. Unfortunately I go to Planet Fitness and they don't have a heavy enough bar for me to do deadlifts. I had a routine that I was doing pre-surgery that is more similar to yours. My son started personal training so he wrote them for me. I try to include a lot of compound exercises to get the best results. I like to do supersets (right now I alternate with cardio) but prior I combined 2 lifts that I alternate quickly between so I am always working but resting the muscles I just used. It increases the heart rate so burns more calories. I was also varying the the number of lifts/weight each session with that plan as well. Best of luck. I love lifting.
  • jkern9110
    jkern9110 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I envy you guys! I don't even know what half of the stuff y'all listed is. Haha...maybe one day I will get a personal trainer :#
  • nkac1980
    nkac1980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    jkern9110 wrote: »
    I envy you guys! I don't even know what half of the stuff y'all listed is. Haha...maybe one day I will get a personal trainer :#

agreed, me either