Never Give Up!

Options
We're now 13 days into our 100 day challenge and we have 6 blank spots on our weigh in for the 10th.

This makes me sad - but is expected.

If this is getting overwhelming, or you are thinking about being another blank spot... Then try to focus only on today. Don't think about the next weigh in. Don't think about "100 days of deprivation and strenuous exercise." - Think about Today. Think about your next meal (and make it a good one that fits in your calorie goals). Think about your next workout... Stay focused on NOW, and let the numbers take care of themselves.

We each have choices to make every day.
Do I log that doughnut and go out for a walk tonight to make up for it, or do I feel guilty and hide it?
Do I get up early to get in my morning jog before work, or sleep in?
Do I reach for the giant bottle of ranch and drown that salad, or keep it light and embrace the taste of the fresh veggies?

And maybe most importantly - what do I tell myself about this journey to get fit and lose weight?

For anyone who is thinking things like this:
"This isn't working."
"I'll never reach my goal."
"I might as well just quit."
"This weigh in will be bad anyway, so why try?"

STOP!!

Say these out loud:
"This is working!"
"I can reach my goal!"
"I refuse to quit no matter what!"
"Even if I have one bad day/weigh in, I can make the next better!"

Repeat... Daily... hourly... every minute if you have to - every time the above self-talk starts creeping back.

I'm in it for the 100.... No matter what. Who's with me!?

Replies

• Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good thoughts. I'm glad you're here to be our cheerleader :smiley:
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @Silverdracos‌ Thanks - I'm happy to - we all joined this challenge to challenge ourselves and help each other stay accountable.. trying to do my part!
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Has anyone spoken to the girl who set this up? She would be the most logical choice for contacting people who joined in to encourage them to participate. Be she doesn't seem to be participating herself.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I haven't heard from her since she asked for help with the spreadsheet.. Not sure if she's still active or what. Having someone contact all the no-shows might bring a few back though - any volunteers?
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I sent her a PM. :smile:
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for trying to see if we can get some of the participants back. I live thus group because it's a good number and not too overwhelming. Thanks for everything you do for it!
  • Biggoal50
    Biggoal50 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very good post. Keep going everyone!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    What a great post. I've been dreading the next weigh in because I'm not seeing great results. But you post reminds me that I need to believe in the process and just worry about taking care of today. Get my exercise. Make (mostly) good food choices. The weight loss will follow, hopefully.
  • mary231
    mary231 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I just did a great yoga video. I'm new to yoga so for me to do the whole 30 mins was great. Patting myself on the back! Good luck tomorrow everyone.