MFP Runner Friends

Options
Hi all,

I live in Denver, CO. I am married with four fur babies. I work in marketing and have my own photography business. I love to travel, eat (my downfall), run, hike, and climb big peaks. I started running 3 years ago, in spite of being incredibly nonathletic all my life. Since then, I have run 2 marathons, 2 halfs, and over 10 other races. Now, I am training for my first 50K in May.

Would love to get to know some fellow runners for inspiration. Please feel free to send me a friend request. :)

Joni

Replies

• Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request. I'm always looking to add more running friends. To all who read this post, feel free to add me.
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'll add you both! Always like seeing running friends in my newsfeed : ) Also Joni, I'm just up the hill from you in Laramie WY!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting . . . again. I have run two half marathons, numerous 5Ks and two 10Ks. Have signed up for three 5Ks, two 10Ks, and a half marathon this year. Currently doing more walking than running, trying to build a better base this time around than in previous attempts. Would love some running friends for inspiration and motivation.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I'm in for running MFPals! B) I'm a cyclist and adrenaline junkie who started running last spring after recovering from a broken wrist (see: adrenaline junkie). I trained up to my first-ever 10K in May and kind of just never stopped.

I'm currently waiting on my work schedule to pick out a hopeful May road marathon. I like to travel for races (I live in a one Wal-Mart kind of town), so any recommendations are welcome.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ooooh! Me too. I'm training for a half in March (trail run in MD, @cheshirecatastrophe‌) - my first, so I'm not as accomplished as most of you guys, but I love love love seeing runner updates on my newsfeed. Motivates me to get out there and go even when it's cold.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Always happy to get friend requests from other runners looking to share encouragement and experience.

I've done a handful of half's and one full. My pace is pretty pedestrian but I try :smile:
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I would love more running friends, feel free to add me! In the next 9 weeks I have 3 10K's and a 5 mile trail race. In a few weeks I will start training for half #5 (in April) and a 25K in May. I might sign up for another half in June.
  • Colorado_Joni
    Colorado_Joni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! Thanks for the add! I realized I misspoke in my first post. I've actually done 3 half marathons. One was a trail marathon, and it took me just under 3 hrs. Can't forget that one! Trails are my favorite place to run but I don't always have enough time. Next race is another half on Feb. 8th. Hoping we don't have a freak blizzard or something equally crazy that day!
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sending you an FR! Join me if you like!
  • bestrongbefit1
    bestrongbefit1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sending FR! I am just getting into long distance running. no half's under my belt yet, but that is a 2015 goal!
  • talulah73
    talulah73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    me too :)
    I am doing my 2nd Ultra in May ( 34 miles ) and 3rd in July - the LL50.

I am finding it hard to drag myself out of bed to run at 6am so speaking to other runners may motivate me :blush:
  • newmom_2012
    newmom_2012 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sending friend request, I just started a marathon training plan. I'm hoping to run a half and a full marathon by fall.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I too would like some running friends! Feel free to add me whoever wants too. :)
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am a runner! I have my first full marathon in 10 days. EEEEKKK!!! I have done many 1/2s and really wanted this to be my goal as part of getting back to my healthy self and my weight loss. Feel free to add me. All the support you can get is great!
  • mom2tripsn2
    mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @davis_em What trail run are you doing in March? Wouldn't be the BoMF Half, would it?? That will be my second HM...getting excited already :smile:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's the rosaryville off-road half in upper Marlboro. Not sure if it's the same. If it is, it'll be a long drive for you the morning of. :). What's the BoMF? And where? Mine is March 29.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Heya gang! Feel free to FR me as well, I LOVE the running community, so any fellow runners are always a happy welcome on my Newsfeed! You'll see in my profile that I have a whole slew of runs added to my 2015 calendar. Looking forward to the year!
  • Angelhales1990
    Angelhales1990 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Would love some more runner friends. Im in the UK training for my 2nd marathon. Have my 3rd 8 weeks later and then a more sensible gap of 16weeks to my 4th!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    FR sent! And others, please feel free to add me as well! :) Currently training for my 9th half marathon (April) and 2nd full marathon (May), and learning to love the treadmill (ugh).
  • lolsupkerstin
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here and would love to be friends with all of you. I just ran my first full marathon in December and can't wait to run more. My mom's an ultra runner and it took me a while to really learn to love running but somehow, it happened :smile: