Looking for friends that have been sleeved for a couple of years

Options
preciousIam
preciousIam Posts: 27 Member
Hi, I am looking for support friends that have been sleeved for a couple of years. I really am needing the guidance of getting back on track and seeing how everyone else is progressing. I have regained about 20 pds and would like to see if anyone has backslide.

Replies

• DrSchmincke
    DrSchmincke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a year out. Highest weight 222, now 136. Had a lot of temptation and a bit of backsliding over Christmas, all because of simple carbohydrates. I am pushing protein and fluids since the new year and have turned things around. The stomach capacity is less but that underlying carbo addiction will never go away for me. How about you?
  • mistygrt
    mistygrt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 2 1/2 years out and dealing with a 2o pound regain as well.
  • preciousIam
    preciousIam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My third year is coming up. My highest weight was 325 and I currently weigh 220. My lowest weight was 190. My downfall is the candy and the chips. Since they aren't fillers they are easier to eat. Great stress relievers too... I started back drinking protein drinks and cutting my calories.
  • spunkymist
    Options
    Hi there I am almost 3 yrs post op and have let 12 lbs creep back on. I lost 95 initially. I did not build muscle while losing so just joined gym to try to get going again. I started about 255 lbs. I leveled at 160 and am now 174 after the holidays with cookies, candy, etc.
    I am trying to eat more protein, keeping food diary and drink more fluids. I do not want to backslide any more.
  • tclaypoole558
    tclaypoole558 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a band to sleeve patient and just got my sleeve in April of 14. I had my band for 5 yrs. I noticed I gained over the holidays so I started today the 5 day pouch test to get myself and my body back on track. 60 lbs down since April but the snacks have become easy go to meals and I have been grazing a lot. First time using this site so I hope it works!! Good luck to you all!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 3.5 years out. Highest weight 386, lowest 222, current is 228 (re-gained 10 over the holidays-totally off track & no excuses). My personal goal is to be below 200 somewhere. If I get all the way to my "ideal" weight (160) great, if not, I'm OK with that too just as long as it's below 200. My doctor said he thought I would land and stay about where I am now, 220 area, I told him that's not acceptable to me. I might change my mind at some point but for now I'm still working towards betting into Onderland.

Pat