Exercise and morning sickness and fatigue

Options
katimama
katimama Posts: 191 Member
Hi Ladies,

I'm trying to stay positive and keep myself motivated to continue my exercise routine during this (my 3rd) pregnancy. My morning sickness/nausea is much worse this pregnancy and so is the fatigue. I'm EXHAUSTED by 3:00PM. I work 8-12pm so I can only go to the gym in the afternoon (childcare room opens at 4:00PM). On some days I could do a work-out video around 1:00 or 2:00, but then I have my kids interrupting me for potty breaks, snacks or whatever else gets me to pay attention to them, lol. They will "work out" with me, but typically are not that interested.

So my question ...How have you coped with fatigue and nausea and getting your work out's in?

Replies

• fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    During the first trimester, I hardly got any workout in. I was trying to walk whenever possible but I was too exhausted to work out. I had to train after work but I was too tired. At first I try to battle this 'laziness' but then I realized I wasn't being lazy, it just wasn't possible for me to work out. I worked out maybe 1x a week, and sometimes it was just walking on the treadmill or a light workout at home. When I hit 8-9 weeks I was doing better and could train but then again, some days I just couldn't bring myself to. My body wouldn't let me and I had to sleep. I remember sleeping for 16 hours straight a few times. LOL...

It's only recent (and I'm 27 weeks pregnant) that I'm able to train 4-5x a week. If you need to rest, I'd say do it... Or try a light workout (walking or maybe a dvd at home?) if you can.

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I would definitely reset your expectations-- with morning sickness and fatigue, you're just not going to have the same ability to work out. I didn't have MS very much this time around, but my first pregnancy, I focused on getting lots of rest and doing some easy DVD workouts in first tri.

That being said, I find myself with more energy on days that I workout. Not sure how that works, but I'm all for it.
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Im having such a hard time with this pregnancy (#4). Fatigue has been an issue since the beginnning but constant insomnia for the past 2 months has made it so much worse. I cut the gym back to 3x's a week (usually Sunday, Wed and Saturday so I don't have to be there for 5am like I would if I went any other day due to my work schedule) Its frustrating but I just dont have it in me anymore.