Volusia/Central Florida Peeps

Options
Herelum
Herelum Posts: 68 Member
I'm in CFL here and wondering who else is here who's alive.

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I'm alive, but up here in NW Florida. I'm in Altha. That's a little spot in the road halfway between Panama City and Tallahassee.

Larro
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northeast FL - the great metropolis of San Mateo - just off the St Johns River. Love it here, actually feels like Fall this a.m.!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm south of you, in Palm Bay.
  • jeanniepeel
    Options
    I'm in Flagler Beach.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am in Lake County.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Pasco county/New Tampa area.
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options

I grew up in Wesley Chapel!

It was nothing like it is now
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options

I grew up in Wesley Chapel!

It was nothing like it is now

Yep. I did too after moving from NY. I went to Quail Hollow, TEWMS, WCHS right after it opened. I moved away after high school and each year I would come back for holidays I didn't recognize the place. I'm back now and it's like I'm in a completely new town, but I enjoy the improvements, however, they always seem to build more housings/shopping centers before dealing with roadways - >_< when this new outlet mall opens WC is going to be a cluster fck!
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    I went to QH/TEWMS (and then LOLHS), moved right after high school and haven't been back in over 10 years. My parents moved because neighborhood wells kept going dry--not only is there a lack of amenities, the land/aquifer can't support the people there!

But it's funny, when I tell people I'm from there they start talking about the movie theaters and the malls and the traffic and I'm like, we had livestock.

• MommysLittleMeatball
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I went to QH/TEWMS (and then LOLHS), moved right after high school and haven't been back in over 10 years. My parents moved because neighborhood wells kept going dry--not only is there a lack of amenities, the land/aquifer can't support the people there!

But it's funny, when I tell people I'm from there they start talking about the movie theaters and the malls and the traffic and I'm like, we had livestock.

They're building a new neighborhood that's going to be HUGE. The houses are starting at half a mil. One of the community club houses they are building will have a restaurant and the pool has a giant water slide. And 10 years ago we still had dirt roads, Old Pasco Rd was just being paved. At least we still have the orange groves and cow pastures. I'll be moving far far away if those start to disappear.

I actually lived in Lutz for a bit back then. They are building up there too. I remember it was almost 10 miles to get to a grocery store, now they've build target, starbucks, publix on that stretch of 54 past 41. Haha. I guess, Pasco is moving up in the world. lol
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    Oops, forgot to check this group until now! I apologize.

I miss the orange groves. There's no perfume in the world like the smell of the blossoms!

It's crazy--I know I've driven 54 all the way to the end and I'm struggling to recall anything notable that was past 41 but still in Lutz/Land O'Lakes! Whatever there was, it was certainly not a Target.