Brand Spankin' New

Options
2»

Replies

• glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm new to crossfit too. This is a new way of working out for me since I've only ever really done cardio classes. Hope to see some results.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You will if you stick with it. You are going to demand that your body do things it isn't accustomed to, it will respond accordingly and get stronger to make those things easier.
  • bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It took me some months to see a real difference, looks/weight-wise, doing crossfit only...but once it started? Boy...the body just takes off. I, too, have trouble meeting my protein goals (and I've set mine lower than Eat to Perform recommends, since I do very poorly on reduced carb diets). But my goal everyday is to try. :-) The TDEE -10% is a great way to go. I've seen more leaning up due to that (and adding fasting workouts when I do morning crossfit) than anything else. I've gone from no pullups to chest-to-bar pullups in 2 years, improved my clean and my squat by 50 pounds in that time. Now I'm totally bought into the cult. haha
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I'm just starting ETF and we are doing a fitness challenge at the gym. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to hit my new macro goals. It's tough so far but I'll keep making adjustments until I get near where I think I should be.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I've been doing crossfit almost two months. I've not lost a single pound. :neutral_face:
    But..it is what it is, I guess. I am stronger, so much stronger, now than I was when I started, and I can feel a difference in my body, and the way my clothes fit. I'm beginning to wonder though, when will it really start hitting? I've adjusted my macro's per iifym, and am trying very hard to hit or get close to all of my marks. I suppose it will all come in time....but I'm really just not very patient, lol.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    You really need to dial in your diet to see real results from CF. I lose about 20lbs right away and have fluctuated up and down since then. My focus for this year is to really get the diet right and finally lose the belly.

I take neck, chest, waist, hips and leg measurements every once in a while too. That helps you measure body composition changes a bit better and can help when the scale isn't moving.