How did you announce your pregnancy?

Options
NikkiSixGuns
NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
Hey All! I just hit 18 weeks and my husband and I still haven't told anyone! We've been waiting for many reasons, just one of which is that we'll have our anatomy ultrasound next week and should have a more definite answer as to the sex. We thought it would be fun to tell everyone that we're expecting our first, it's a boy/girl, and we're already almost half-way done!

This is my parents' first grandchild (they've been waiting a LONG time) and my husband's parents' 5th. We're going to tell them separately, and want to make it a memorable event. Looking for some creative inspiration! How did you announce yours?

Replies

• teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm not that creative but I've seen a ton of great ideas on pinterest after I already announced it that I wish I had done. :smile: With my first son I just gave my mom a little photo album that said "Grandma's Brag Book" with a picture of the ultrasound in it.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I didnt do a creative announcement with either of my babies. Just told a few people then everyone else heard from word of mouth. But for my dad i got a congrats card and wrote, "roses are red violets are blue youre gonna be a grandpa to my little brother or sister too!" Then i sealed the envelope up. And when my son went over for a sleepover i put the sealed card on the kitchen table that way when my dad saw it and asked my son about it my four year old would have been like oh yea!!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    We just told our parents over the phone (DH's parents live far away) and in person. I never really announced anything on Facebook. Just told people in person as we saw them.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    We did a video and posted it on YouTube. I will share it if you PM, don't want to post it on here since it involves my son.

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Oh and with my first son... I took a "pregnant" digital pregnancy test.. and put it in a box.. I gave it to my mom for her birthday.
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think the most fun was announcing it to my oldest daughter. When I was pregnant with my second, she was 8 years old. We took her geocaching but we hid our own geocache for her to find. Inside was a big sister shirt, a poem about a new baby coming and her very first stuffed animal. With this pregnancy, I sat both kids on the couch (oldest is 11 and youngest is 3) I asked my oldest if she learned a lot being a big sister. Then I asked if she would be able to teach the youngest all she knows. It took her a second to get it but it was really fun. She jumped up and down and was so excited. For my coworkers this time, I put out a big thing of cookies with a note that said, 'If I am going to get fat in the next 9 months, so are you' and then I signed it. It was great and everyone loved the treat.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The weekend of my sister's shower, all our family was around for brunch the next day. I gave my sister a picture framed of me, her and our cousin (also pregnant) from the shower; and then casually said "I wanted to give it to you today because it's the first picture of all three of us pregnant..." and it was immediate chaos, she started crying, everyone was very excited, it was a fun moment :smiley:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Good ideas!
    We are announcing it to our parents this weekend. I'll be 20 weeks and a few days (and barely showing - easily disguised!), so that will add to the surprise! For my parents, we are having lunch at a Chinese restaurant, and I've got custom fortune cookies that say things about being grandparents. This will be my parents' first grandchild, so there won't be any confusion there... We're going to have our waitress (who happens to be a friend) swap out the generic fortune cookies and put in our custom ones, and when my parents open them we're going to see how long it takes them to catch on. Can't wait to see their reactions. :p
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I know a few good ones that my friend did to tell different people (sorry I know this is a bit late but they were cute!)

1) She put a hamburger bun in her grandma's kitchen and had her go on a treasure hunt - she gave clues and things. And eventually her grandma found a bun in the oven. It was cute because she was confused... she was like "I don't get it" so my friend had to prompt her "What is that?" "A bun" "Where was it?" "In the oven" "When put them together, what have you got" "A bun in the oven. I still don't get it" LOL

2) And to tell us (her friends), we were playing a game at a potluck... what we did was pick a theme and then write 10 things related to it on a piece of paper. Then roll it up so you can see only one at a time. Everyone does this, you split into two teams and put your teams papers in a bag. Trade bags.. then you have to blindly reach into the bag and get your team to guess exactly what is on the paper, one item at a time until you can finish the whole sheet without time running out... if you can't, you have to put the paper back in the bag and guess it when you draw it again. Annnnyway. Her paper was super easy to remember (not usually typical for her) but I was the lucky one who pulled her paper just as our team was good enough to get to the last statement. I got to unroll it and it said "I'm thankful for baby [last name] who will arrive in May, 2015" - My jaw dropped. Like it never has before! Our time ran out while I was like "HOLY CRAP" and then she said I have to put it back in the bag. I was just like "NOPE WE HAVE TO FINISH THIS NOW" and just kept going and people got all excited, it was really cute. Turns out they had a video camera hidden the whole time and we were all filmed! We watched the video right after HAHA. So funny. And I felt special because I was the one who got to "tell" everyone.

3) And then what she did for her mom... she wore a "Baby on board" tank top to her moms house... and just waited for her to notice hahahaha. It took like 1 hr.

Anyway.. just some cute things to do :)
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We told the family by phone as soon as we felt "safe", just before the end of first trimester. We announced it to FB on April Fools Day. Thought it would be funny to announce a real pregnancy on a day where everyone thought we were kidding.
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm the girl at work with extra everything. I even keep a box of tampons at my desk for when less prepared women.... One of my coworkers/best friends asked for one and I very casually said "you may as well take the box. I won't be needing them." She caught on immediately. It was mass chaos and excitement. Lol.

This so around I ordered my older two shirts. One says if you "mustache" I'm the big brother. The other one says if you "mustache" I'm going to be a big brother too. We plan to let them wear them to Granny's (my mom) on Christmas and see how long it takes. Lol.