feeling movement

Options
2»

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This pregnancy, I started feeling little flutters and rolls at about 15 1/2 weeks. My first pregnancy, it was around 17 or 18 weeks I think.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    With my first, 20 weeks. I was actually pushing an IV med in a patient when I felt the first kick (I'm a nurse). With this pregnancy, I felt it first at 15 weeks. I had a few questionable movements around 13-14 weeks but knew for sure at 15.
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This pregnancy, earlier than any other (Christmas day around 15 weeks). With my first it was close to 20, then a little earlier each time. I had a couple ultrasounds early on due to some spotting and could tell a lot of movement but wasn't quite feeling it then. :)
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    well ladies since I originally posted this I now feel kick boxing class in my belly all day but most specifically at night :)
  • mkivanoff
    mkivanoff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone had described the movement feeling as "flutters" or "slithering" but that's not how I feel things. To me, it feels the same way your muscles jump after a workout or when your eye twitches. I realized that was what that feeling was between 18-19 weeks but I had been feeling it for about a week at that point.
  • teresand77
    teresand77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Consistently around 20 weeks but some little flutters around 18-19. It's been sort of violent since about 24 weeks. My first son hiccupped a lot but this one only has once that I felt. This one is more into huge movements and rolls!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mkivanoff wrote: »
    Everyone had described the movement feeling as "flutters" or "slithering" but that's not how I feel things. To me, it feels the same way your muscles jump after a workout or when your eye twitches. I realized that was what that feeling was between 18-19 weeks but I had been feeling it for about a week at that point.

This is pretty much how I describe what I'm feeling (at 20 weeks this week). Been feeling it for a few days, but haven't been positive yet that it's the little man. It does feel like a muscle twitch, or like someone flicked me - the way that it would feel if someone flicked you through a blanket. Sort of muffled. The "flutters" and "bubbles" that I had it described to me as made it sound like it tickles, but this does not tickle at all.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I started to feel something around week 18. I am 20 weeks now and know for sure when the baby is moving. It's becoming more and more consistent. Sometimes it feels like the baby is learning to dance! :D
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was 22 weeks with the first movement. It took until around 24 or 25 weeks before my husband could feel it very faintly from the outside. Now, at nearly 30 weeks we both JUST started to be able to see the movement, and he can now feel it without having to ask me "was that him?" like he did at first when it was smaller/faint movements :) .
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a weird feeling! I'm never alone these days...
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    mkivanoff wrote: »

THIS!! I was sure it was muscle twitches at first!!! Eventually I realized it was the baby <3

It started around week 19 for me, and I think my partner could feel it about 2-3 weeks later. Now I still feel those twitches, but I can also feel some kicks. It's amazing :)