Ok...MFP, breastfeeding, AND fitbit?

Options
Hoping there's a user here who can share some advice on setting MFP and the Fitbit settings to work together, like peas and carrots? Fitbit has the option to note that we're breastfeeding, and I think it accounts for calorie adjustment due to our nursing. I have the Fitbit and MFP apps liked, but I can't really tell if MFP is already accounting for nursing, or if I should be recording under food or exercise...

Excuse the typos...nursing at the keyboard! :)

Replies

• Just_a_girl443
    Options
    You can search breastfeeding under foods and it will give you several options i.e. Breastfeeding Toddler/ Breastfeeding toddler few solids/ Tandem Nursing. When you add such a selection to your food diary it will give you negative calories. For example i believe breastfeeding toddler will give you -200 calories.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I record it under food (input exclusive breastfeeding to net -500 calories). But you also have to make sure that your caloric intake is at least 1600 calories or more.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    When I was using my FitBit (before it broke) their breastfeeding settings were AWFUL.

I was told to email a complaint. I did, and got no response. It doesn't sync correctly and it'll always show you as 'over' for the day even if you're not. Bleh.
  • atroxnixfemina
    atroxnixfemina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, interesting...so the consensus is to keep fitbit in the standard settings, and record the negative calorie adjustment under food? Or keep the fitbit setting noting breastfeeding, and also record the negative calorie adjustment under food?

Appreciate the help, all...I'll 'get' it, one of these days :)
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Not sure about fitbit, but for MFP, I up my calories by 500 and record breastfeeding as a food to deduct those calories.
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Following!
  • ValerieJean
    ValerieJean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always add bf under foods. It shows -500 but it doesn't deduct it. Not sure why.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I emailed FITBIT about the breastfeeding setting. According to the rep that emailed me back,they do not adjust calories for pregnancy or breastfeeding.