New Here

Options
fillingame
fillingame Posts: 36 Member
Hi everyone!I I am just getting around to looking at all the groups after almost a month here on MFP. I have been diagnosed with PCOS for over 10 years, and have been TTC with my husband for over four years. I am really trying to get my weight under more control as I am in the final stretch of ttc... I am tired, frustrated, angry, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Feel free to add me as a friend, etc.

Replies

• tsthomas03
    tsthomas03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request and a message, but if anyone else reads this post feel free to add me too. Just let me know you're from this board. :)
  • emstan1385
    emstan1385 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new as well. What does everyone do for exercise?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I use my two daily breaks at work to go for 15 minute walks. I do some planks, wall pushups, and squats - though I've taken a break from those a bit, I'm about to reboot. My sister helped me come up with a beginner routine that doesn't call for a gym. Convict Conditioning is an app that only does body weight exercises, and it has some really creative stuff, but it is still all far beyond my abilities yet.
  • TMS7878
    TMS7878 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago. I'm looking community friends and encouragement from others that struggle with PCOS. I don't personally know anyone besides myself that has this diagnosis so I look forward to speaking with some of you.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    emstan1385 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new as well. What does everyone do for exercise?

I'm only doing walks right now, due to back issues, but I'm a huge fan of weight lifting. It was one of the big things that helped balance my hormones while I was still doing it regularly.
  • Journeywithyou
    Journeywithyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    New here joined a few days ago. I received my PCOS dx 2004 was placed on Metformin that I took about a year discontinued when I became pregnant with my son. Those struggling with having children know it is possible. I have 3 children. I am frustrated trying to get in shape and my body function as it should.

Exercise I currently run/walk on a treadmill waiting for warmer weather to return outside. I also have hand weights and resistance bands I use with the WII.