Anyone not synchronised MFP and FitBit?

Options
logg1e
logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
Reading all of the problems people are having, I'm wondering whether it's worth not syncing them.

Replies

• logg1e
    Options
    Before this disappears from the front page, I'll just give this a bump.

The more I read this forum, the more I'm seriously thinking of not syncing and probably even leaving MFP for FitBit.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking the same thing last couple of days. It keeps saying myfitnesspal has synced but steps stay the same I press to manually sync and same thing happens. Only thing keeping me here is that fitbits database is not as good
  • logg1e
    Options
    Thanks for replying. Fitbit's database is not great for a UK user. I'm researching to see if there's a way of just adding calories.
  • Lieslll
    Lieslll Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have not synched yet - am looking around for information on it first
  • logg1e
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of using both (no syncing). I'll try this for a couple more days and then have a rethink. I think I'd leave MFP but I'm reluctant to leave my run of days and some of the social Groups I'm a member of.
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi! When I have had a problem with them syncing sometimes it works to disconnect the app and then allow the apps to sync. Also, if your are not burning more calories with the fitbit than MFP estimates you will burn it will not show a sync. Do you have your profile set to sedentary? That is what is suggested in order for them to work together properly.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I have had a problem with them syncing sometimes it works to disconnect the app and then allow the apps to sync. Also, if your are not burning more calories with the fitbit than MFP estimates you will burn it will not show a sync. Do you have your profile set to sedentary? That is what is suggested in order for them to work together properly.

Setting to sedentary has no effect on syncing working or not.

it is the way to get max calorie adjustment so it's hard to plan your day.
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ugh. I am so frustrated. I have to disconnect then reconnect my fitbit every single day. the words fitbit calorie adjustment are gone from my exercise page. usually after I reconnect everything is fine until the next day. however, today, I have reconnected 3 times and my fitbit calorie adjustment is still not there! so it's not just a syncing issue. it's seems to be more involved than that.
  • kh19671
    Options
    I have disconnected and re-connected too many times to count. Really thinking of just giving FitBit a try on its own! Grrrr...
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    That is so weird I have had mine linked for over a year and never had issues(unless FitBit or MFP is having known troubles)
  • maryglynos
    maryglynos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue and my Fitbit takes forever to sync on the actual app as well. Hopefully this can be fixed soon
  • gvanzant1
    gvanzant1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The only way I can connect my Fitbit to MFP is via my iPhone-going through the Connect steps on the APP page didn't work for me. However, even when connected, no data is getting transferred between the two. The two apps are not syncing even though they are both "connected" when I view my Settings on each app. For example, MFP shows zero steps from FB and FB doesn't show anything under my food and weight even though these were entered in MFP. It's frustrating but I guess I'll have to manually update the two.
  • crystal0924
    crystal0924 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I'm obsessed and I admit it, I track my workouts with a polar and the rest of my day with my fitbit. Yesterday it started not showing my step count, I disconnected, reconnected, uninstalled the app, threw the phone down...said a lot of bad words, and then repeated the above... fitbit appeared to sync with myp, cause it showed my gym workout minutes and the calorie intake, but myp would not show my step count, or any adjustment. And now on to day two...this morning I checked again, and myp had removed my step counter selection all together, now it's back but still not syncing and fitbit not syncing. I've had these linked for over a year and no issues until yesterday. Annoyed to no end!
  • crystal0924
    crystal0924 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    FRUSTRATING!!!!!! I'm obsessed and I admit it, I track my workouts with a polar and the rest of my day with my fitbit. Yesterday it started not showing my step count, I disconnected, reconnected, uninstalled the app, threw the phone down...said a lot of bad words, and then repeated the above... fitbit appeared to sync with myp, cause it showed my gym workout minutes and the calorie intake, but myp would not show my step count, or any adjustment. And now on to day two...this morning I checked again, and myp had removed my step counter selection all together, now it's back but still not syncing and fitbit not syncing. I've had these linked for over a year and no issues until yesterday. Annoyed to no end!

Oh, and I have an iphone, my friend who is equally obsessed has an android and having no problems at all..so maybe an iphone issue?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    bimpski wrote: »
    ugh. I am so frustrated. I have to disconnect then reconnect my fitbit every single day. the words fitbit calorie adjustment are gone from my exercise page. usually after I reconnect everything is fine until the next day. however, today, I have reconnected 3 times and my fitbit calorie adjustment is still not there! so it's not just a syncing issue. it's seems to be more involved than that.

No, that is exactly a syncing issue.

No data from Fitbit showing you burned more than MFP estimated.

Then again, do you have negative calorie adjustment on? If not, and you did not burn more, than what you saw is correct.