How are you liking fitbit?

Options
Are you enjoying it? How do your stats make you feel when you see how the calories and activity intermixed can help you? What device do you use? Anything else?

Replies

• Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit flex. I love it because it shows my daily burn no matter what I do. However, I don't like that it doesn't track my "non step" workouts. I was waiting for the Charge HR but I was hearing mixed reviews about it. So I went with the polar Ft7 with the chest strap and wear that during my workout as well. Yesterday was my first time using it and my workout (with cardio after) was 667 calories burned. Fitbit would only give me credit for the cardio part. Overall I love fitbit!
  • paradis1231
    Options
    I purchased my Fitbit yesterday and I find it extremely inaccurate. I woke up to find I had taken 339 steps in my sleep, and burned 460 calories. I've read reviews on it and it seems like the majority of people are happy with their Fitbit, so I'm not sure if something is wrong with mine. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I purchased my Fitbit yesterday and I find it extremely inaccurate. I woke up to find I had taken 339 steps in my sleep, and burned 460 calories. I've read reviews on it and it seems like the majority of people are happy with their Fitbit, so I'm not sure if something is wrong with mine. Anyone else have this problem?

I was confused by this at first, but it tracks movement. So maybe tossing and turning. You do burn calories while you sleep... awesome right!?! Your body burns a certain amount of calories (BMR) no matter if you were to lay in bed all day. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it soon!
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love my Fitbit. I had a Flex for a year and just upgraded to the Charge HR. (I set up the Flex for my husband.) I love how it syncs with MFP to give me a better idea of the calories I can eat. I've been maintaining for a year with it and it's great to be able to eat more when I'm more active. I find it motivating when I'm near a goal I'll walk around the house just to meet it. Or if I'm over calories I may hop on the treadmill to try and even it all out.

Yes paradis1231 you will see calories on Fitbit first thing in the morning. Fitbit adds calories from midnight to midnight, but MFP won't add calorie adjustments until you are over and above what MFP is set at.
  • morgan_pope
    morgan_pope Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've owned a FitBit for a couple of years now. I started with the Zip, then upgraded to the One and just got the Charge. The Zip was nice, if you just want to track steps....and very discrete. I upgraded to the One because I wanted a more comprehensive view of my fitness (stairs, sleep). I used the One fairly consistently for about a year or so. My only complaint was I periodically forgot it in the morning. I've had the Charge for a couple of weeks now and I am LOVING it. I only have to take it off in the shower, but otherwise, I wear it all the time.

I like seeing the my calories in vs. what I've burned as the day progresses. It's nice to see if I've eaten more than I've burned so far that day (or the reverse) to help pace myself throughout the day.

They have a new-ish feature: challenges. They were okay when I did them with my FitBit friends, but doing it with people that I know has made them really fun and motivating. What started as only 2 of us on my team has grown to 5 (with 1 more ordered and waiting on delivery). We do the daily, work week, and weekend challenges. We've all noticed that we walk more now. We see that we're only a few (hundred) steps behind someone...and it's quick to overtake them; it really brings out the competitiveness in us. The challenge also sends little messages throughout the day about where people are in relation to each other (like "psst....X person is gaining on you") or notes that people completed step goals for the day. These usually encourage people to move to catch-up to others.

I probably should have mentioned, but I'm just an average user. I'm not really a fitness/athletic person....I just wear it to keep appraised of where I am (how active I've been, how well I slept, etc.). I'm working on losing weight, but regarding exercise, I'm just trying to be more active and wearing the FitBit helps.
  • ShandaMSanders
    ShandaMSanders Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm new to Fitbit - I've had my Zip for two weeks - & new to groups. I work a desk job, very sedentary for 7 to 8 hours a day. I got my fit to help motivate me to get up & move. Already I've increased my daytime steps by 1000 steps, & that's before I go to the track to put in my 30 minutes! So far, loving my Fitbit! :D