What's next?

Options
GretchenReine
GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
I know that most months part of the daily challenge for the month will include legs because...well...I need to focus on them for my running. LOL I've also had requests for arms (triceps) and planks and crunches and things like that. What else would you all like to do over the next few months?

Replies

• Lezleeb67
    Lezleeb67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As long as there are no push ups, I'll try anything! Core work would be good x
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,307 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    We could add in wall planks but they burn your thighs, lol. It's might help our running legs, bring it on!

gwoowwak012m.jpg
  • notabrat1
    notabrat1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Core work would be good
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Core, legs and Arms are places I need to work on.
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm up for anything. At this point, just having a place to check in every week all year is a great starting point. I plan to slowly add in the exercise challenge, too.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Lol! I need it all so anything you do would be awesome! Thanks so much for doing this!
  • Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Burpees are too hard for me but I'm trying to do the squats. I'd love to work core and arms. Crunches, planks, sit-ups, tricep dips ... even push-ups (but I'll have to take them slow, maybe 1 more each day and concentrate on good form). I'd be very excited to be able to do 25 good push-ups at the end of a month.
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'll say this for burpees, there are like 10 different kinds... do whichever you can do 10 reps of, and use it until you can do 3 sets in 5 minutes... then switch them up... for instance, the most simple version I know of is to squat down, touching your hands to the ground (or seat of a chair (so you can hold on for balance), then to jump UP with your hands over your head. You'll quickly be able to master these, then you move to losing the chair... once you get that one down, you add the little jump back into the plank position (or front leaning rest as we called it in the Army), but drop the little jump up if you want. When you can put 10 of those things together, you can add a push up during the plank phase before you recover from the plank. Just some thoughts.