Anyone inerested in joining me in a Virtual 5k?

Options
2»

Replies

• twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I'm in.
  • KayKayCPA
    KayKayCPA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have my route mapped out. It is 4.88km. The route is now loaded into my phone. Now to actually get out there and walk it ;) . The day is grey. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain. So it is best that I do this now ;) .

I know I will get my 10K foot prints in today :) The only other goal for today is to drink 8 glasses of water. None of which I will drink before walking. Or I will have to take a shortcut home.

For sanity, safety and mental calmness I designed the walk to be able to take a short cut incase it is farther than i can go today.

Both MapMyFitness and MapPedometer have a great tool for generating routes. They give you distance and the ability to send them to your phone :)
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Reporting in :)

5.16km - 8,198 Steps - 1:02:24 - AvPace 19:27

I feel great. Other than my thighs freezing it was a great walk. I trust you all are complete the challenge.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also did my walk/jog ... 3.1 miles (5k) on treadmill - 52:05 minutes. Not as good as I wanted, but that only gives me reason to improve, right!? And considering it's my first one EVER, I'm proud :)
  • mimi4janda
    mimi4janda Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Just saw the post. Walking for sure. If the weather cooperates I will go outside, if not treadmill for me.
  • stellyrunner3
    stellyrunner3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im in, sounds fun :smile:
  • MrsDillPickle
    MrsDillPickle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Soybeaner wrote: »
    I'm in! Remind me some how as it gets closer. I did C25K months ago after my youngest was born. Right now the 5K distance is perfect for me - fun run without dull. I am in the Midwest and run outside all year long. Love it!

I tried C25k too! It is such a great App!! Will try and do the Feb and March 5ks!