I'm so over this Pre-Op diet already!

Options
SkinnyDevi
SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone! I finishing my first week and I'm so over it. I was actually starting to get cocky because I was fine for the first 4 days but now I'm constantly feeling empty and hungry. I find myself thinking about food all day long and I was never like this before. Is this normal? Does this feeling last after surgery? Do you ever feel satisfied after or feel normal post surgery?

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Pre op diet SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. No getting around it. Just do the best you can. Post op, there are different challenges, but early on being hungry is NOT one of them. Hang in there-- you can do this!!
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am a little over 4 months post op and I promise it does get better! There were several times during the pre op and post op liquid phase that I said "WHY AM I DOING THIS?!" But you know what? Looking back, that time was like a drop in the bucket. It will be over before you know it and you will be well on your way to a healthier, thinner you! Even though it was just few months ago for me, it seems like ages. And everything I've experienced since has made it ALL worth it. You can do it!!
  • rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You know the pre Op diet only sucks if you say it does. One of the biggest hurdles in life and this diet or idea of regaining your health is to make concsious decisions about what goes into your body temple. I took the 2 weeks on liquids to focus on what my goal was. No matter what was in front of me my Mind was determined to help my body over come its addictions to over eating and not exercising. I made a vision statement for myself and have stuck to it. After surgery yep some of those same thoughts came out to see if I as serioud or not and well they havent one me over yet.
    I tell you my friends this is all about loving yourself enought to be Honest and Honor what you put into your body to sustaine it. From the time the weight starts falling off you need to surely have another goal in front of you even if its just walking a little more than you did yesterday.
    I say this because I have to tell myself too.
    Hang in there and do not be fooled by they Monkey brain trying to tell you otherwise. See you yourself Happy and whole regardless of what the scale say's .! You are Awesome!
  • mfpdevotee
    Options
    stick to it...you can do it! think of it as helping the surgeon for your day of surgery. i heard that the diet helps shrink the liver and the surgeon needs to navigate around that to do the surgery!!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    The pre operative diet is for your own good because it will reduce your risk of problems after surgery, like less gas and bloating just to name a few.

Randy RN
  • SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement everyone. It is much needed and very appreciated. Day 8 -here we go!
  • Shoefly318
    Shoefly318 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I understand what your saying I'm also on it today's day 10 and their still times where it's a little rougher than others but you get through it and it will be over soon at least I keep telling myself that lol
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You can do this!! I would dream about food. You know the movie Madagascar with the animals? When the lion gets hungry, he starts to picture everyone as steaks. I felt like that! Everyone looked like pizza or cupcakes. :smile:
  • murphyraven
    murphyraven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I think pre op was a little easier for me then post op. I just had to keep my carbs under 40g a day and was allowed to eat regular meals (focusing on protein). I am day 4 post op and already tired of shakes and being constantly diligent about drinking liquids. I feel constantly sloshy :) I am very much looking forward to pureed stage and beyond.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You sound like me MurphyRaven!
    I just wanted my jaw to crunch on something.
    I even told my husband in my moment of hunger for crunch, beware, I might turn zombie like and have me some chicken "fingers" :wink: LMAO!!
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I can understand how much the pre-op diet sucks. It is two very long weeks of protein shakes, popsicles, and jello, at least that is what it was for me. Those two weeks felt like forever and it was hard staying focused and not cheating. Those two weeks though are preparing you for a life changing event. You are learning how to stay away from temptations, only put healthy items in your body, and learning portion control, all which is necessary after your surgery. If you can make it through those two weeks, you can make it through everything after surgery. Have faith in yourself and focus on the goal, surgery date, not what your meals are right now. Good luck!