Anyone doing P90X?

Options
chasero
chasero Posts: 70 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Being a 24 year old guy standing in at 155lbs (70.3kg) and at 5'10" (177.5cm), I've always had trouble gaining weight. I've tried ranges from healthy eating to just eating everything under the sun and I would barely gain anything if at all. It also doesn't help that I've been doing Construction (Demolition) so that brings my daily activity level up higher than average. After comparing Insanity to P90X I've decided to go with P90X since it's geared more toward muscle gains (may do Insanity afterwards to lean/tone out).

Any tips etc? I'm starting today and am getting a pullup bar within the hour after I finish updating all of my info on MFP. Also, is there anyone on here that is starting as well that I could buddy up with? send my stats per day etc etc? I know one of the mentalities I need to get out of is that I'm going to be starting off with extremely low weight for what I feel like a guy my age should normally be able to do (I also understand that P90X isn't your normal weight training regimen either so I shouldn't expect to be able to even stick with the same weight throughout an entire session...or should I?)

I'm definitely the type of person that thrives under the scrutiny of accountability and would definitely be sending stats daily to whoever. Although all this planning and talking won't do anything if I don't get up off my a** and hit the play button!

Activity/Workout History:
[] Insanity: Completed Month 1 and had to quit due to waterlogged feet (was so bad, feet started bleeding with the high impact- waited to heal and felt bad about missing so much after accomplishing what I did). Results were good but I realized later on that I'm too skinny to be doing a Cardio based workout, I need muscle.
[] Baseball
[] Tae Kwon Do

I'm used to discipline and have done an intense workout regimen such as Insanity before. Just giving it a go and looking for a support group

Replies

• salmonella4everyone
    Options
    Yup, I'm in week 4 p90X (lean).

For me the DVDs are enjoyable... except for yoga. It really helps me to get a little caffeine in my system before pressing play. I have to remind myself every workout to do the best I can, because some of the routines are brutal!
    It works though! Every workout I do a little better and get a little stronger.
  • Rtmccall
    Rtmccall Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 4th week of P90X. Rather than taper the 4th week I started over at week one and am doing the first round again. I hate the yoga and kickboxing workouts and have instead replaced them with Insanity's Cardio Recovery and Pure Cardio workouts. Not looking to gain or lose weight, just replace fat with muscle. I've found the 50% protein/day recommendation from the nutrition guide is pretty hard for me to do. At best I may get 30% and that's with protein shakes as well. I can see results already but want more which will only come with time and pushing play.
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Who the F likes the yoga DVD! Stupid Tony! Ha ha. I swear I've had the program for over 7 years now and have never completed it! I ALWAYS get stuck on the 1 1/2 hrs of yoga! Argh. Anyways, I did buy p90x3 and actually completed it a few months ago. (30 min of yoga only!) but I didn't see the results like I was hoping. I'm on day 16 of P90x, classic. Harder than crap to keep the meal plan though , but, I believe that's where 50-60% of results are from. Good luck man! Keep pushing play! Freaking Tony! Ha