6 week follow-up

Options
lenac87
lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
I had my 6 week follow-up appointment and everything is moving along well. My weight loss is a little slower than I had hoped for but I am down about 25lbs since surgery and about 50 down overall so I'll take it :) I am a little nervous to go back to work tomorrow, but am a little excited because I'm pretty much broke at this point lol I work 12 hour night shifts and before surgery I would be lucky to get a lunch break so I'm going to try to plan ahead and have ready-to-eat snacks that I can hide and eat at my work area if I have to. They said at my appointment that there are no more restrictions so I can start to lift weights again at the gym and get back to my old routines instead of just walking. I'm so excited! After 4 weeks of pureed foods they also said that I can now advance to soft foods, which is a welcomed change. I think that's all for now, just thought I'd post a quick update :)

Replies

• seaghdha71
    Options
    That sounds like a great doctor visit. You have me wondering if I requested enough time off from work, I only requested 3 wks off. I'm a healthcare worker and on my feet all day. Hmmmm. I guess time will tell. Congrats on your good news.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Great progress! Going to soft foods is a big plus.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    seaghdha71 wrote: »
    That sounds like a great doctor visit. You have me wondering if I requested enough time off from work, I only requested 3 wks off. I'm a healthcare worker and on my feet all day. Hmmmm. I guess time will tell. Congrats on your good news.
    Thanks! Everyone is different, but I think they gave me more than enough time off, I felt completely ready at 3.5-4 weeks but because I am a nurse my surgeon recommends 6 weeks because of all of the heavy lifting and straining.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am a special needs teacher and was back to work after week. Other than having to watch out for punches to the gut, I had no issues returning to work that soon.
  • seaghdha71
    Options
    Lenac87,
    Yes, I can attest to the amount of energy you must expend just by my 3 days in the hospital and all that the nurses did with me, that was wise on your part to make your medical leave long enough so you felt fully ready. Hope you adjust well going back!