hair loss

teresa4757
teresa4757 Posts: 17 Member
I was reading some info on Vitex. Has anyone had any results with hair growing back with Vitex???

Replies

• FaeryChaos
    FaeryChaos Posts: 18 Member
    Not with vitex. Biotin can really help. When my hair was falling out in clumps, I used a Nioxin, a shampoo and conditioner that gave me amazing results. I'm trying to do things more organically or at least naturally now, so supplements instead. I also have an organic shampoo that has biotin in it. I've noticed less shedding overall :)
  • teresa4757
    awesome, thanks for responding! :)
  • teresa4757
    are you taking any supplements to help with hair loss or just using the organic shampoo now?
  • FaeryChaos
    FaeryChaos Posts: 18 Member
    I'm taking an Organic Biotin (got it from Amazon), just started taking Maca Root with DIM (hormone balancing), Myo-inositol (via Pregnitude - not TTC, just easier because it's in packets) and the shampoo (Pura d'or Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Shampoo, also on Amazon)

:)
  • Prenatal vitamins have worked wonders for my hair thinning issues! My hair feels thicker, and I've noticed less shedding in the shower!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    I take prenatals, biotin, vitex, evening primrose oil and I changed my diet to help my hormones naturally so I dont know which thing or a combination of all of them helped slow my hairloss but it is much better!

I will say i saw way more improvement once I redid my diet to help with the hormones more than anything else, but maybe the diet changes helped the meds work better too? I dont know but I'm glad!
  • teresa4757
    thanks for responding everyone! I have changed my diet a lot and im also taking biotin,vitex and inositol..so keep your fingers crossed for me! :smiley:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    teresa4757 wrote: »
    thanks for responding everyone! I have changed my diet a lot and im also taking biotin,vitex and inositol..so keep your fingers crossed for me! :smiley:

Forgot to say i added Inositol too. But again I think that goes with diet changes. Many, if not most, of us with PCOS have some sort of insulin issues or insulin resistance. The excess insulin mess with our hormones badly, often leading to miscarriages and other hormonal problems. So if we lower the amount of insulin in our bodies, either thru diet changes aka LCHF or products like Inositol/Vitex/ETC or a combination of both, the hormone problems are less. So we lose less hair.