Fit bit ratings

hi everyone! I have not yet purchased a Fitbit but I have been thinking about it for quite sometime. Can you share some pros and cons? I am thinking of purchasing the HR charge on Friday

Thanks!!
Shari

Replies

• mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    I love my Fitbit HR. I had the Flex for a year and I loved that too, but I really like the extra info from the HR and being able to see info on the device itself. One of the best parts about the Fitbit is linking it with MFP and knowing with pretty good accuracy exactly how much I can eat each day. No more logging my walks and runs and I know all my movements count so it's more accurate than logging walks/runs manually. A lot less guessing about how much to eat.

It's also very motivating. If you get close to a step goal, you will be surprised what you do to reach them. My husband and I went to Washing DC last April and by the end of our site seeing day, according to Fitbit, we had walked around 19.2 miles. Even though it was a long day and we were tired, I made my husband walk up and down the streets for .8 miles just so we could reach the 20 mile mark! I knew we were probably not likely to get the chance again to meet such a milestone!

Cons: When you have to take it off and charge it! It is so addicting. I wear it 24/7 except showering and charging.
  • becuzIwanttoo
    becuzIwanttoo Posts: 5 Member
    I bought the HR as well five days ago(previously had the ONE...great device also). Really like it so far with the heart rate readout through out the day(gives me a much better indication of calories burnt) Great motivator for me as well. Step count is in line with my ONE. Stair count is better as it doesn't miss any(my ONE would miss some every now and then). So far i got 4 days of battery life on my first full charge not bad considering there were a lot of comments of poor battery life earlier on.

The only con so are is that the screen scratches fairly easily.
  • Awesome! Thank you ladies :) I'm going to get one Friday
  • DanielleMesa
    DanielleMesa Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2015
    I love mine too. The only thing I have found to not be very accurate is the stairs climbed. I live in a two story house and it is hit and miss if it counts the stair trip. It also will count stairs climbed if you walk up a hill. Other than that I live all the data, especially heart rate and calories burned. I feel it's more accurate than a fitness app or just logging in MFP.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    I love my FitBit. I had a One and became quite dependent on it. I like my Charge HR even more. However, in my experience, the stairs climbed is extremely inaccurate. It was pretty bad with my One, giving me as many as 100 extra flights on windy days, while still sometimes not noticing when I did climb a flight of stairs. The extra flights are even worse with my Charge HR. Fortunately, FitBit doesn't give extra calories for stair climbing. It's just a number you can track if you find it useful. I tend to alternate between ignoring it and being amused by the inaccuracy.
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    By the way our local news did a story on Fitness Trackers and the Flex was rated as one of the most accurate. Hoping the ChargeHR is the same as I am not sure that they included that one in the testing. When I first got my Charge I wore both the Charge and the Flex for the day and they gave very similar results which I thought was good.