Two weeks until my surgery.....

Options
Ldizzle82
Ldizzle82 Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hey everyone,
My name is Lindsey and I am going to be having the gastric sleeve in two weeks. I have started a pre-op diet and I am really excited to finally get the show on the road! If anyone has any advice please share..... I am very interested in diet ideas after surgery. The same old stuff gets really boring.

Replies

• jcfelbi
    jcfelbi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just had it done on December 1st....feels like forever ago! (in a good way) The first week or two were rough, but I was prepared b/c I'd been following some support groups online. Then, I just turned a corner and really felt FINE. What's wild is that the way I've been eating would've bored me in the past, BUT the surgery seems to have temporarily shut down all cravings, all hunger -- it has gotten food "out of my head." I'm surprised at how much I have to REMIND myself to eat. My biggest challenge is simply getting in enough water -- sounds simple, but getting in 64 oz. daily is harder than I thought! Am following my Dr.'s plan to the T -- and things are going great. So good luck - just remember that the first few days kinda really SUCK. And your stomach looks horrific!! (I looked five months pregnant ; ) but I am 8 weeks out and am AMAZED at how quickly the body heals. OH, and don't weigh yourself for a while after surgery. There's no point to it. (lots of fluctuating) AND don't compare yourself to anyone in terms of weight loss. Just do your best. Best of luck!! I know I'm a relative newbie, but already feel like it's worth it.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a new chapter. I'm almost 3 months out. My diary is open to friends, feel free to add me.

-Phill